Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it appears that the outside temp gauge on out '02 9-5 linear is acting up. it reads about -27*f when it's 55* or so outside. sort of amusing at first.

but, my wife said that on the way to work this morning, she had the inside temp set at 58* and she was getting burned out of the car it was so hot in there.

so, my question is, does the outside temp sensor affect inside temp? and, if so, is the fix as simple as repairing the outside temp sensor?

it doesn't seem logical to me that there wouldn't be an actual inside temp sensor, and that the inside temp is solely based on some formula to keep the inside x* warmer than the outside. anyway, thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It shouldn't, the outside temp sensor and the sunlight sensor are partially responsible for the automatic defrost functions, but there are temp probes inside the outlet ducts in the heater box inside the dash that ACC uses for temp control.

Your mix air ducts might not be opening and closing, re-calibrate the ACC (press 'AUTO' and 'OFF' simultaneously) and see if you get any faults, do it with the windows closed - if the mix doors are stuck or broken, you will hear them crunching inside the dash.

Common codes that point to the mix doors are '08' and '13', but you may see others.

After / during cal you will see two numbers on the ACC panel, on the left will be the # of codes stored, and the right-hand numbers will be the codes.

TheSAABSite has a couple good how-to's on the 9-5 ACC faults.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know about on the 02 9-5s but on my 99 9-5 the owners manual points out that the inside temp sensor or at least on of them is in the overhead console its the spot with 5 or 7 lil holes in a circle in the plastic... but like i said i don't know if the 02s are the same

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, we replaced the outside temp sensor behind the front bumper, and all ACC functions seem to be back in working order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts