Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a nissan skyline r-34 gt-r, condtion not important, must run, also looking for a toyota supra twin turbo, also, condition not important, but must run.

dad retiring soon, and trying to find him a hobby so he doesn't bug my mom constantly.

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
There are a couple companies that import Skylines and make them street legal in the US. I would'nt recommend them however because you'll be paying ALOT.

I'd look on a skyline forum (I think there are some here in the US) and check their for sale adds. Another thing you can do it search other countries that allow Skylines to be imported and look to buy one from them...then have it shipped. There are many international shipping companies that do cars.

I used to know exactly where I could find a Skyline for sale from Japan at any given time, but I forgot :cry: :evil:

As far as the Supra TT, there are some on Ebay, but your going to be quite a bit for them...same as the Skyline.

Your dad may consider Buying a Nissan 240sx and do a skyline / sylvia engine swap. Thats very popular here in the states...plus it will keep him VERY busy.

Good Luck

·
Registered
251 Posts
i agree with blaque out......i was considering the silvia swap but i was way to inexperienced and didnt know anything when i first got a car. I was thinking of doing it before it got real popular but now its just another common swap. I think i have seen about 4 or 5 in the past 6 months, which is not as rare as my Viggen around the area. One crushed beat me on the highway which was quite suprising.....i think i listed it in war stories but maybe not. They are real good cars......fun if u do the right stuff.

If ur serious about the skyline or supra i wouldnt really recomend it. Supras i think are out of style and im sure he would have fun with a supra in Maine. Skylines are crazy expensive. If i were u, i would get a slighty used Infiniti G35 Coupe 6speed. Go all out, get Coilover suspension, a nice stylish body kit....not too flashy. The 18's on it are fine and its got nice big Brembos already. Then u need to put some low compresssion pistons in it and put in the GReddy Twin Turbo Kit. Also put a more aggressive cam in there so it gets u some more power up top, and u gotta have the nice idle of an aggressive cam. Then of course all the small stuff like exhaust intake. The G35 Coupe is a great car and is in fact called the skyline everywhere else, since Infiniti is a US satelite company of Nissan. It will be expensive, but im sure u could do this all for less than an R34 Skyline and it would eat an R34 Skyline for breakfast. :) I was thinking of doing this myself if i go to Penn State with my leftover college money. But I think i am gonna go to Lehigh and keep the saab.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do not really like the looks of the g35 at all, even the ones with body kits and stuff done to them, he doesn't want to mod it for performance cause the cops like that, so we are looking to make it look sweet, and i think that r34 g-tr's win car shows more often than g35s do.

i'll see if i can find out how much it would cost to get one from canada and import it.

i do not want to do the silva/skyline engine swap, it is far too common, even though it is quick, it's just not right, i like the looks of the skyline more.

~justin

·
Registered
251 Posts
skylines dont touch north america. I think you can only get them from Great Britian, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. I bet theres some in certain european countries but only LHD countries. Skylines were never made RHD so that limits what country they went to greatly. Also i think they go to the middle east a lot for those insanely rich oil tycoons. Have fun importing one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts