Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 Saab 900SE Turbo 2 door, 2.0 liter, 5 speed with 140k miles, bright red with black leather interior, the clearcoat is coming off the hood otherwise the paint is in fair shape, the interior is perfect, heated leather seats look nearly new, factory AM/FM/Cassette/CD changer, sunroof, power windows, keyless entry, good tires on factory alloy wheels, car has been sitting for about a year due to health issues and is currently not running... not sure if its a fuel issue or computer issue. Ran well until parked, engine, clutch and turbo are good. We have records on it sice it was new. We have since bought another car to replace it and are ready to let someone else enjoy it. The Viggen wheels have been taken off and replaced with the standard factory 3 spoke alloy wheels. Email or call for more information or if you'd like to come check it out. Located in Spartanburg close to where 85 and 26 cross less than a mile off the interstate.

Id love a 5speed and id love a coupe in red and this is both :eek:

But i hate sayings like " due to health issues" and "ran befor it was parked"

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1250$ I think, but I live in FL and wouild pull the car on a car dolly to FL. Anyone live close to him and wanna check it out? :)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
$1200 seems pretty steep for a non-runner that's been sitting and was in average shape when it was parked...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking I'd offer 7-800$

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true true

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like it has potential, just talked the guy, they've had it for 6years, 3rd owner, rust free. Having him send me pictures the next few days

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Rust-free or free-rust?

Where is the car located? Show us some pictures, a little fixing saves a load of money when purchasing. I would offer 500, and top off at 750. You also need to add in the price of dolly + fuel to get the car. Mention that to him in negotiating.

NG coupes are awesome IMO, I know, I own one :) I would hold out for a 1995 personally for OBD reasons but...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I assume its the Imola Red which happens to be one of my favorite colors. My '96 was and '99 is that red. It can look really sharp cleaned up. Can see mine in the links in my sig.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the guy says the car turns over but dosnt start, what am i looking at.

Bad gas
Bad DIC
Possible bad fuel pump?
any other possibilities.

And if the car has been tried to start with bad gas is that a concern, or do i just siphon it out and put fresh gas in?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
could also be a bad CPS - but fuel pump more then likely....

As for bad gas - just add some Sta-Bil or other addative and burn it off if it's not a full tank... Gas has a 3 year shelf life before it starts to get "bad." So unless it's been sitting for over 5 years - it should be fine.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I have a 98se so I can swap parts and do some parts testing suchs as CPS and DIC and etc. He said clutch was done at 95+k I assume he just replaced it with stock clutch. How long would a stock clutch last at stage 3+ power level.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Bring a working DI and CPS, offer the guy $500-$750. Replace the parts and drive it home. Make the prev. owner lawl.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jw because im unclear. This car has a cable driven clutch, so when i ever decide to get like a viggen clutch and pressure plate do i need to swap it over to the hydrolic system or can i leave it as a cable clutch.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol my bad on the spelling. Is nick the only person who sells the kit. Seems like a bit of a pricey upgrade.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts