Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to see a few more SS on the roads here. However one thing I've noticed is that the guys will acknowledge your existence, but the woman don't. Maybe they think I'm trying to hit on them :?

·
Registered
87 Posts
However one thing I've noticed is that the guys will acknowledge your existence, but the woman don't. Maybe they think I'm trying to hit on them
Maybe it's the cock-eye'd wink you give the gals as you pass on by. :wink: :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
One thing I've noticed on the roads a lot in Southern California is most women drivers are Linear drivers (in the SS model).

What I am surprised at, however, is the amount of (or lack thereof) women board members/contributors, as they seem to outnumber men on the road at least 3:1.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mbodo said:
One thing I've noticed on the roads a lot in Southern California is most women drivers are Linear drivers (in the SS model).

What I am surprised at, however, is the amount of (or lack thereof) women board members/contributors, as they seem to outnumber men on the road at least 3:1.
Same here, mostly Linears (1.8t) but I did see one girl in a Graphite Green Aero. Very, very nice, er, yep, the car was too. :wink:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
What makes it an "SS" I'm not sure If i know, or even hae seen one of these. Anyone got a link to pics and specs? Just curious - this is a fairly new Saab term to me still, mostly cause I think i've never seen one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
What makes it an "SS" I'm not sure If i know, or even hae seen one of these. Anyone got a link to pics and specs? Just curious - this is a fairly new Saab term to me still, mostly cause I think i've never seen one.
a 93"SS" sports sedan/saloon (depending on which side of the pond you live on). It's the 9-3 without the hatchback. Check out some of the other posts in this forum, plenty of pics from us migrant 93SS owners, looking for a board to live on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan (or Saloon)

It's not an official name, just something it's been nicknamed on the forums. Sounds cool though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just curious - this is a fairly new Saab term to me still, mostly cause I think i've never seen one.
No way! I can't believe that that Philly has no 9-3's! You haven't lived until your eyes have feasted on the beauty of a 9-3SS ( a Vector/Aero in particular - I'm biased of course!) :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have only a few SS's around me as well, I pass them somtimes when i get closer to the city more i see, i have to admit i never get the nod or wave like i used to in my GTI... seems most the ppl that i do see driving thm are older dudes that just bought a car to get a car. The guy in my neighborhood that has one is cool we chat all the time. I have noticed though that i get some nods from other makes of cars, twice now from Audi's !

·
Registered
30 Posts
well i found recently a lady in the townhouse complex got a steel gray vector/aero a short time ago. I told her about all the enthusiast sites, but havent seen her since. Intersting thing, in my complex of 300 families, we have my polar bear, the ladies steel gray, and also a 99-00 9-3 5door. Bunch of audis, etc.

But seriously, in the philly area, I tend to see at least 2-3 SS on the roads daily

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finklejag said:
I have only seen four SS's on the road in the 5 months of ownership. All were Linears.
I took awhile (I got mine at the end of April) - but i now I see them regularly. In fact, there's now a black Vector that parks in my parking lot at work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is more of a SAAB presence in the Northeast and anywhere in the US. Thats why there is SAAB dealer in every other city up there. I wonder if the 9-2X will change that for the rest of the US?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finklejag said:
There is more of a SAAB presence in the Northeast and anywhere in the US. Thats why there is SAAB dealer in every other city up there. I wonder if the 9-2X will change that for the rest of the US?
There a ton Saabs here in the Cleveland, Ohio area. There are not that far behind the BMWs and Audis that are big here. There are plenty of 9-3 SS and older Saabs as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts