·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if so where can i get one?

·
Registered
251 Posts
i dont think so....i think they only make front strut tower bars. I know the viggen comes with one...a lot of cars do

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i get one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why do you want to change your front anti-rollbar?

Are you going to replace it with a stiffer or weaker item?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stiffer... i did the rear one and it made SUCH a huge difference so if they made somthing like that for the front... i figured why not?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would not recommend stiffer front anti-rollbars to improve handling. It will probably get worse instead.

For the Viggen SAAB used a softer front anti-rollbar to reduce oversteer. Hirsch Performance does the same on their tuned SAAB's. The idea behind this is that a very stiff rear anti-rollbar can cause oversteer when cornering at very high speeds.

This thread on Saabscene might be interesting if you want to know more about front/rear anti-rollbars.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh hot ok thanks!
we need more people as helpful as you here :)

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what i want is a viggen front brace... but where can i get one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
What problem are you trying to solve by fitting Viggen spec anti-rollbars?

You've already fitted the uprated rear anti-rollbar. If there's still too much bodyroll, try stiffer springs and shocks first. Eibach progressive springs in conjunction with Koni adjustable shocks will improve handling a lot.

If oversteer is the problem, get some sticky tires. Bridgestone S03's are very good.

Please post a list of mods done to your car. It will be easier to find a solution if we know the exact specs of your SAAB.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as of now i have eibach springs, konis, stage 2 anti roll, forge BOV, intake/heat sheld. The problem is one the tires... first of all the SUCK... anytime i floor it in 1st even if its towards the end it spinns im sure this is a commen problem but i would still like to atleast make it better. as far as the front anti roll bar i just saw/felt the difference the rear one made and figued if i could do the same with the front it would kick ass. im always looking for ways to make my car handel tighter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Boxerchip said:
I'm always looking for ways to make my car handle tighter.
For tighter handling, you might try the MP Performance clamp and brace. It's the same idea as the VRK by Abbott or the KIC unit, but not as expensive.

BTW the mods you've already done are very nice 8)

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i have seen abbots and the one from ginuinsaab.... where is this one? and are there any benfits to the more expensive ones?

I like to do things right... note the konis and eibachs i would rather wait till i get the money than get a cheeper solution.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahhhahahaha victory is mine!!!!! I beet ya to it!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dont forget about the little guys! The bushings. upgrading those will also increase your handeling without changing the anti roll or sway bars

·
10,303 Posts
Chip, you have a 9-3 SE right? if so, you should have a 24mm sway bar up front, the Viggen's is only 22mm.

3 cheers for poly bushings, stay tuned for some pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts