Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove out 100 miles out of my way to meet up with this guy selling a 2004 Gto with 31k miles for 10000. I was in contact with him and he said it was a CLEAN title. When i got there i drove it and he said it was salvage. So pretty much i drove 100 miles for this lying pimp selling a salvage title gto who lied about everything. He said he beat the new Z06, he said he hit 190mph with it, and said it runs 12's in quarter mile with only exhaust and intake.

His girlfriend reffered herself as his lady, and had multiple cut marks on her wrists. Pretty much this guy is a liar, and wasted my time. He said the car got rear ended when it had 1k miles and the bumper got cracked, and thats what caused the car to be salvaged. The car brand new was 35k so a rear bumper getting cracked wont cause the car to be totalled.

So, anyway there are 2 more GTO's 40miles away 2004 both have 70-75k miles for 12000 obo clean title.
Wish me luck..

·
Registered
791 Posts
That sucks bro. A friend and I drove 4 hours to look at a jeep one time, and had basically the same thing happened. It was a total POS. WHat a waste of time and gas.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It had no cats. Which really bad for a CA car.
Also the guy said he just wanted to get rid of it because of his family. Which was also bs. It was also that he convinced me numerous times that its a clean title.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
the seller told him it has a clean title, how is he to know whether or not hes being lied to with out seeing it in person?
i guess u get to sniff out shit like this with experience. some assholes u just gotta ask 3 different ways until u hear the truth.

but even with his little experience, a deal too good to be true warrants extra suspicion.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Nothing wrong with the 2004 GTO's Rafal. The LS1 is a great platform and if you can overlook the bumper, brakes etc, I think they're a great deal.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
190 mph? LOL

But if it was 10k for a 15k car why not take it with the salvage title? I mean if it looks good and runs good who cares...
this i tend to agree with. if a ppi gives a clean bill of health and only minor bodywork, i'd buy a sub-10k car.
keep in mind, tho, that a bank will not like to lend u money for a tarnished title and an insurance company is even less happy to oblige.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.