Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who don't have a *cough* turbocharger in our early model Saabs, I thought some of you might be interested in a tube that goes directly into the throttle body from the stock intake tubing. I have attached an image below. I met Mike Connolly a.k.a Meatball at the Saab Owners Convention last year, and he said he would be selling them soon. I haven't been able to get a hold of him since we last talked, but would anyone be interested in purchasing this?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd be interested in purchasing the peice that connects the pipe to the throttle body that way I could make a larger intake pipe going to it.

I'd also be interested in buying the chromed top cassette he has, and getting my headers dipped. I think he's able to do all that.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i always thought it was bad to have the air go 90 degrees, i was tought to have it take gentle turns

would it be possible to fabricate something on top of the throttle body that looked like a pancake but thicker? that way the air could sorta spiral around in it, or just chill and wait to be sucked in?

~justin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Air Induction Tube

Greetings all.
This is Mike Connolly AKA 900S - POP's. I have just discovered this site and am pleased to be here. As to the questions regarding the Air Intake Tube, It was designed and built by myself with the Help of a Very Good and Old Friend who now works at JPL ( Jet Propulsion Labratory ) in Pasadina Cal. The design uses the same technolgy as was used on the old style Hillborn Fuel Injection of the 1950's - 1970's. For the concerns of those about the 90 degree bend, rest assured that the design was worked out by the computers and air flow systems at JPL, and it works! Just ask those who have ridden in or driven MEATBALL. We will be making them for sale by the end of this year. We have not got a price on them at this time, but I will keep all informed. You may contact me at [email protected]

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Re: Air Induction Tube

900S said:
Greetings all.
This is Mike Connolly AKA 900S - POP's. I have just discovered this site and am pleased to be here. As to the questions regarding the Air Intake Tube, It was designed and built by myself with the Help of a Very Good and Old Friend who now works at JPL ( Jet Propulsion Labratory ) in Pasadina Cal. The design uses the same technolgy as was used on the old style Hillborn Fuel Injection of the 1950's - 1970's. For the concerns of those about the 90 degree bend, rest assured that the design was worked out by the computers and air flow systems at JPL, and it works! Just ask those who have ridden in or driven MEATBALL. We will be making them for sale by the end of this year. We have not got a price on them at this time, but I will keep all informed. You may contact me at [email protected]
Nice to have you aboard Mike. Welcome to the site. 8) I personally have been an fan of your car for a while. I used to have many pictures of it, but then the link became unavailable. Some of the things I liked was the polished DI casset, and I believe it was the powder coated valve cover. I believe you also had a site selling power coated C900 valve cover as well. Do you have any more pictures, or information about some of the things you've done to your NG900?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Mike! We talked at SOC '03. But finally I have been able to make contact with you. Hopefully I can learn more about all of the modifications you have made to your car...What is your HP up to now? Do you have a list of all your mods you could post for us? Thanks a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts