Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade my 95’ 900 N/a with a direct ignition.
What performance benefit does the d.i. offer and is it worth switching over from rotary distributor?
If it is what kind of work is involved?
I’ve also read that they have tendency to fail why?

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
"it's cheaper to keep her" - meaning - keep the distributor if you got it. You have more manual options for tunning and you won't hafta shell out $200+ every 60-80,000 miles (or less). I like the DI - but I think the good old fashion distributor is the way to go. The DI's fail cause they are not perfect....

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yeah I have the same year and model, 95 900S N/A, and it's not worth it to upgrade to the DI cassette. Plus your car stands out from those other turbo models with a distributor :D

Where abouts are you located in PA adidas? And are those neon bars in your headlight chamber to give that green effect?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for the tips guys, after all the tips I'll hang on to my rotary

" Where abouts are you located in PA adidas? Allentown

And are those neon bars in your headlight chamber to give that green effect?

No I have the regular light that goes in to the houseing and and a smaller bulb that also goes in as well, the smaller opening is appers to be stock as well as the wiring. I just changed the bulbs to green bulbs.

My question is where'd you get your headlights those are sweet? :wink:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My headlights with the blue angel eyes? Those are custom work man. Purchase BMW angel eyes off ebay awhile ago and took apart the headlight chamber and glued them in there. I haven't really used them much, only for shows, which I haven't gone to any because there are NEVER any with other Saabs in my area. Let's get some started lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts