Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, happy new year everyone! Hope you all had a great night and are looking forward to 2011!

Yesterday, I went to a Z Meet and photo shoot in Irvine CA which was a mixture of very well known 350zs and 370zs in Socal (you might recognize a couple if you follow speedhunters) to shoot some pictures, have lunch, and just hang out with a bunch of cool guys.

I have been spending a lot of time learning about taking semi-pro automotive shots and I tried my best to bring together all my knowledge and I ended up with some of the best shots I have ever taken. Here are some of my best of the day, let me know what you think!

The whole gang:

Thanks for checking my pictures out, have a great 2011 TSL!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which one is yours?
Hey Stromer, this is my ride: it was easily the most stock looking car there, all my mods are under the skin with the exception being lowered.

Happy New Year to you, too. Beautiful shots - those things must fly! Looking at them makes me feel even more sluggish this fine new year's morning....:p My fave is above.
Thanks Greg! That shot just seemed to work, I didn't even realize how well it turned out until I got it on the computer and realized it really didn't need any real processing.

You must have had some fun last night haha, the feeling you have is one of accomplishment! ;)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That red car is sick, but I'm not a huge fan of people going really overboard with their Z's. They are such a beautiful machine, just stock, I think that small, tasteful touches are all that's needed.

And I had to laugh at the picture of the people who, I assume, are owners of the other Z's....looks like alot of asian/pacific peoples in there, in line with the "rice" stereotype, lol.

Btw, good job on your car!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
omg i hate red but that is absolutely beautiful!! what kit is that?
That is an Amuse Vestito body kit, I hate loud colors so I agree with you on that front. The more I see the Amuse kit on Andrew's car (red Z), the more I like it. Here is a picture of the rear on another buddy's Z (also named Andrew lol) on a canyon run:

That red car is sick, but I'm not a huge fan of people going really overboard with their Z's. They are such a beautiful machine, just stock, I think that small, tasteful touches are all that's needed.

And I had to laugh at the picture of the people who, I assume, are owners of the other Z's....looks like alot of asian/pacific peoples in there, in line with the "rice" stereotype, lol.

Btw, good job on your car!
Absolutely, I think that the best look for these cars is a simple drop, set of 19" wheels, and some minor body add ons. Nissan really did a great job with the 370z in terms of the stock body, I am looking to add a small front lip and some rims but that is about it.

And yes, there are a number of Asian guys lol but trust me, no rice is to be found!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Much deserved comment as well!

What camera/setup do you use?
I was using my Nikon D3000 with the kit 18-55mm lens. The only add on I was using for the shoot was a circular polarizer and all of my photography knowledge I could muster. ;)

christian you have some catching up to do in the aesthetic department lol
Haha, rub it it why don't you. I realize that, but while I have no intentions of going wild on the body I am looking for wheels as I type. A few small body add ons here and there will complete my goals I think!

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Haha, rub it it why don't you. I realize that, but while I have no intentions of going wild on the body I am looking for wheels as I type. A few small body add ons here and there will complete my goals I think!
you say that now.... but it will end up like your saab
stage 5 was it?
lol

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you say that now.... but it will end up like your saab
stage 5 was it?
lol
I meant that will be it for the cosmetics, you can NEVER have enough power haha. I am hankering for a stage 1 or 2 GTM supercharger in a few years which I feel suits the car better than a twin turbo setup. :p

wheels should be the next thing on your list without hesitation, christian. and i think that would be good enough cosmetic-wise.

im jealous btw, keep it the coolness bro.
I agree, I have a few more big things on the list but I believe that wheels are first and foremost:

-Wheels
-cat-back exhaust
-Akebono big brakes

I really appreciate the nice comment snow, I was trying to make up my mind on what I should do next but you definitely solidified the wheels as a priority!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.