Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headgasket torque. The SAAB site = Place the cylinder head into position and using new bolts tighten in the order shown. Step 1: 25Nm (18.5 lbf ft). Step 2: Tighten a further 90 degrees. Step 3: Tighten a further 90 degrees. Step 4: Tighten a furhter 90 degrees. So far so good, but Chilton want's me to put step 5 = another 15 degrees, and a step 6 = another 15 degrees. Who is right? Much gratefull for advice, since I need to get this car out the shop.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well.... if no-one say's different, I'm going with what TheSAABsite say's. I don't dare tighten them more then 3x90 degree. A couple of bolts were squeling like I was killing them slowly. (and they were lubed). Chilton's book is for a Cadillac Catera anyway....so...?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well..I will know Sunday, hopefully I will start it then. But let's say 3x 90 is not enough? It will take a little time, before that will show, in form of a leaking head gasket. That's my experience. But I'm sure it's enough, I had an almost 2 feet long wrench, and I had to pull so hard at the last 90 degree turn, that I was afraid the bolt was going to break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts