Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a difference is there between 9-5 Pistons? My 9-5 lpt winter beater is getting ready to let one fly through the block I am pretty sure, and I have my old 9-5 aero block kicking around from when I did the B234 swap on my aero. So I was wondering if I could snag a piston out of the old aero block and just through it into this block so it's quiet again. I figure it will probably screw up the compression, but as long as it gets me through this winter I don't care because it's turning into a parts car this spring....unless it actually runs ok after this. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chip

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
On a worn out bore you can use either, the B is slightly larger in the tolerance range, so when they were assembled at the factory they could match the exact cut of the bore a little closer (as the cutters wore out during the machining run, etc.).

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took the head off the car tonight...looks like somebody mixed pistons before I got the car and it was quiet up until now.....so I am going to mix pistons and put it back together. Hopefully it's quiet when I am done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.