Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
That looks like a ridiculous amounts of fun.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Thats pretty awesome. Need lots of $$$ in injection pump work to make that kinda power though, those cars dont do that stock :lol:. Once you get them to step out they are quite controllable though, I could see em being a good drift car if they had like 3-400hp.

Paul

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thats more than just pump work lol. I would LOVE to see the build for that engine, its running stupid high revs, and it increases and decreases its RPM very rapidly for a diesel. I think I need that engine for my chevette...

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Thats more than just pump work lol. I would LOVE to see the build for that engine, its running stupid high revs, and it increases and decreases its RPM very rapidly for a diesel. I think I need that engine for my chevette...
The IP is the big thing usually, but yeah, probably a bit more in that particular car. The benz diesels do rev pretty nicely for a diesel engine though, stock motors will rev past 5k pretty easily.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
The IP is the big thing usually, but yeah, probably a bit more in that particular car. The benz diesels do rev pretty nicely for a diesel engine though, stock motors will rev past 5k pretty easily.

Paul
How hard would it be to put a p7100 in? ;)

·
7,595 Posts
If you removed the hood & radiator support it would probably fit right in. You might be better off using the 3.9L/4BT. That would give you a better engine, more displacement and significantly more power, even un modified. The standard 3.0 L OM617 I5 Turbo Diesel they come with is basically an antique. Through the 4 speed AT, you get about 90 WHP & 150lb/ft.

Now, for the period, the Mercedes Diesel is fantastic. It makes more significantly more power than did many gas cars with more displacement! Comparing the M-B diesel to the GM or VW offerings of the period is laughable, as they are better in every single possible way. It's routine to see OM617's W123, W116 & W126's in excess of 300K miles that have never been taken apart for any reason, and will still do 100 MPH. Just to keep things in perspective...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I believe they have a P-pump, but Im not exactly sure on that. Thats what I want to throw into a 1st gen S10 Blazer for a project too. Its a bit too big and heavy to be used for my chevette lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.