Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other cars you test drove. I did. The SS had the most space for the driver and front passenger. I test drove the C230K. It was soo tight. That is one reason I didn't buy it. The TSX was the same also. I was driving my Dad's PT Cruiser around . God, that car is awful. I had no room. I mean the door was blocking any movement you wanted to make on your leftside. My head also rubs against the headliner. I had more room in my GTI then most of the sport sedans I test drove.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finklejag said:
the other cars you test drove. I did. The SS had the most space for the driver and front passenger. I test drove the C230K. It was soo tight. That is one reason I didn't buy it. The TSX was the same also. I was driving my Dad's PT Cruiser around . God, that car is awful. I had no room. I mean the door was blocking any movement you wanted to make on your leftside. My head also rubs against the headliner. I had more room in my GTI then most of the sport sedans I test drove.
Well the two cars that I was considering was the G35 and the RX8, the G was fine on room for me i thought. but the Rx8 (with the sunroof, i hear you get a couple extra without) did not have enough headroom. Head was rubbing the ceiling and that's not cool. Probably the single reason I ruled that car out... Love the room in the Saab.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To be honest, coming from a pretty roomy (yes, even for a coupe) CL, all the cars I t-drove did seem a little "cramped" in comparison. I think though, the one with the least lateral room was the A4. I know the back was most cetainly more cramped. Of course, the G35 coupe was no spacious divide either, although that's not what the car is aiming for anyway.

I am only 5'6, so headroom is not an issue for me! :wink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I was contemplating a CLK (before the boyd style change) I was shocked at the amount (or lack thereof) of lateral space in the rear. It was almost nonexistant.

There was more room in the back of a C-Coupe than CLK.

I think the 93SS has more than adequate room, front, back, sideways, and otherwise, compared to some of the other models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found I just couldn't get somfortable in the 9-3ss, good amounts off room, but the seat back is just too small, my shoulder blades actually touch the outer edge of the seat, very un-comfortable...
I own a 9-5, the seats are better, but could still do with a taller backrest, and the head restraint could do with a inch more travel.

·
7,595 Posts
I think that cars are like a pair of pants, they fit some people just right while others they may feel cramped in. It really depends a lot on how tall you are more than anything else. I know that I could use more side to side room in my C-900, but with just me in the car I still feel that I have plenty of room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts