Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article in the Chicago Tribune about the new 9-3's.They can now be had with rear wheel steering. Kinda neat I thought 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats kinda odd. So does it provide better traction, or is it better for cornering?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
It supposedly give the feeling of a live rear axle, but without the flexiness. The tests I've read say that the 9-3SS handles sweet....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aside from scanning the article I will quote right from the paper in front of me."For $1000,you can add the sport wheel package to Arc,which gives you the 17-inch radials though not the sports suspension. Even without it,the Arc has crisp,predictable handling with minimal road harshness.The reason is that Arc and Aero feature passive rear-wheel-steering.The rear wheels steer in the opposite direction of the front wheels by just a few degrees to make for quicker turns and more precise cornering.And the rear wheels toe in when braking to keep the car in a staight line.The 9-3 is the only Epsilon-based car with passive rear-wheel-steering,though it eventually will make its way onto others." Hope this clears things up

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
from my experience, beating on a loner witha bad tranny, they do handle really well, but this one sucked cause i felt like it was missing a gear, and saab wont send the dealership a new tranny yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts