Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tru story. My girlfriend has a 98 rav4 and a few days ago someone tried to break into it. They smashed the rear pass window (but the back part of it which is stationary) and tried to pry out the lock/door handle. But they couldn't get it open so left it at that. She found out in the morning, but we chalked it up to drunk mexicans and had the window replaced.

So she calls me this morning and they smashed Another window, this time the pass window front part (the part that goes up and down) that let them reach the lock and open the door. Long story short they stole her sony stereo and iPhone cradle plus wires. Good news is they did a clean job taking the head unit out, lol. Also they missed the gps in her glove box.

But seriously what are we back in the early 90s again??! I didn't even realize anyone bothered stealing these things anymore.

F**king jerkoffs.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Two years ago someone broke the driver’s window of my wife’s A4 to steal her iPod, worth maybe $50. It was in broad daylight at a mall and was seen by guy who wrote down the thief’s license plate number. My wife’s iPod is labeled on the back and the police caught the guy and retrieved our iPod. The thief completely missed the laptop sitting on the back set. Some people are just unbelievable.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Ugh. Sorry to hear about this. I went through the same crap (only once, though) about two years ago after moving to Cleveland. They raped the dash fascia of Little Red to get a, oh, $35 radio. Asshats. Learned me how to put in new window glass, though, so that's something, I guess.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's just terrible... IMHO cleaning the glass from the seat is the worse part. I'm sorry man, apparently there are still jerks out there :(

2 years ago, they stole my VW Golf in front of my house. They towed the whole thing, stripped it and then burned the rest... Police found it two weeks later. And before that they broke my previous Golf and stole my GPS. Freaking glass pieces were there even after 6 months of cleaning :mad:

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's just terrible... IMHO cleaning the glass from the seat is the worse part. I'm sorry man, apparently there are still jerks out there
yep, smashed tempered glass goes everywhere! you never really get all of it unless you strip the interior, I've found.
A friend's car was violated a few years back and they stole an ancient stereo, misc little things and a friggin' basket of laundry ?!?!?!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Id like to catch someone breaking into one of my cars. I wonder just how much they would like the beating that would ensue, and if it was worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The "kid" was 6' 3" and he hit my car for the third time (saw and chased him), he almost had the unit out. My buddy said he would call 911 and this kid started laughing. "F' you, I'm a juvvie and will be out in an hour, they won't do anything to me". The kid was right, he had been arrested a dozen times and was still on the street.

As he was laughing at me I caught the glimpse of a glimmer coming from his ear. It is amazing how easy those ear things come out when you tug on them. He was not happy and laughing anymore. He must have liked that ear ....... and the ring in it.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
In college a friends Ranger was broken in for the 50 dollar walmart radio.

They left the 300 dollars worth of tools in the back seat.

Thieves are morons.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had a window broken out of my 88 Chevy SpRectum for a $6 pair of gloves.

Had two windows broken out of my Rodeo within a week of each other. They got tools, CDs and prescription sunglasses the first time, nothing the second time.

GTI was broken into once for some CDs. The worst part of getting a GTI broken into is that you can't get any of the glass out of the inside of the door.

The Rectum had a cheap tape deck in it, the Rodeo had a Pioneer head unit, but I had the face plate in the house. The GTI had a stock head unit.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I had a window broken out of my 88 Chevy SpRectum for a $6 pair of gloves.
I had a window broken out of my then one-year old 90 Acura Integra for a $2 pair of gloves. It was a frameless window, they pried it open with a crow bar and the alignment was never 100 percent right afterwards.

This was a bitterly cold January night in Minneapolis. But the police caught the guy! There aren't too many people walking around at 2 in the morning when it's 20 below - it was easy enough to spot the crooks as they were walking around looking for more garages to hit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Stereotypes are in place for a reason. Its unfortunate but true. My 16 year old cousin is a walking "hispanic american" stereotype. She just had her first kid a few months ago, always fighting with my aunt, does terrible in school, been expelled from multiple schools for fighting. The list goes on, but you get the picture.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I blame my self - but 2 years ago I have my GPS taken from my Geo Metro - they left the window mount and charging wire - as it was on my windshield (my fault). They also decided my 10 year old POS Cobra Radar detector was worth taking too - so they took that with the charger cable. I had left my rear pop-out windows open so they used a coat hanger to pop the locks open (very easy to do on these cars) and got right in. Good thing was they didn't break anything - shitty part was I knew who did it and couldn't do anything about it legally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts