Saab Link banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several posts on the trouble codes and navigating my service CD (very cumbersome), I ran across some technical data on the codes related to the DIC.
PDF from my manual at the link below link explains it all. File was too large to attach so I put it on my web site. Page 4 is about the codes generated, page 1-3 describes the operation which you need in order to understand the code description. Heading to carquest to pick up my new DIC...
http://www.8sigma.com/images/SaabDIC.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved

Put in CARQUEST P/N 52-2117, cleared the codes, done.
Lifetime warranty. Saab OEM part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sons 9-5 had P1312 and 1334. I changed the spark plugs seemed to be solved but came back a month later. I took the DIC pack out and noticed the springs that make contact with the plugs were not all at the same level. Using a dental pick I pulled them all out and stretched the springs out. Pushed them back in and have not seen the problem since... worth a try before replacing the pack.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My sons 9-5 had P1312 and 1334. I changed the spark plugs seemed to be solved ........ worth a try before replacing the pack.
I didn't notice my ignition pack was loose (two bolts loose) and throwing P1312 code. Put in four new NGK plugs and re-installed the ignition pack (tight bolts). Day two no codes.

Update: Day four P1312 re-appeared. Time for new DIC.

Feff

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
p1312 can also be caused by a vac leak, so check that system as well, might be worth replacing all lines

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting the P1334 error code, and pulled the Direct Ignition Cartridge (DIC). There were two (of the four) springs that were shorter as mentioned by markandmatt95. I had a dental pick and pulled the springs out. They can actually be pushed out gently as well with a wooden dowel or maybe a pencil. I stretched them a little and put them back in. Just set them in from the spark plug side, not the internal side. I figured the spark plugs would push them up to contact inside the DIC. I reinstalled and was able to start the car, so that is a good sign. Will see if that fixes the problem without having to purchase a new DIC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts