Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would i be able to give a 9000, a distributor, without the DI cassette?

Like for example (Honda)

Is it possible and is there a DIY?

Get at me people !!!!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Not to sound like an ass here......but why would you want such a downgrade? Seems possible if you have a MY 93 or older 9k. I don't think a distributor would like the signal from a CPS wheel set-up on the 94-98 9k

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
there is no easy viable way as it is just as much as a PITA to do a T5 conversion as you start getting into the di/apc, jetronic and trionic systems. rewiring stuff and doing hours of research. so choice one: leave the car as is because it's a beautiful engine management system. choice two: sell car and buy a c900 or an early c9000, NA ng900 or NA newer 9000. but to go from DI to distributor doesn't seem wise when you can get DIC's on craigslist for cheap used.

·
10,303 Posts
Nobody has done this or tried to. Most people go the opposite way for an upgrade.

Like remove the distributer and wires and add a DI.

That is sort of like saying, how to a swap a v6 into my Corvette?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really cant explain it. But i met a guy who has a 1993 aero. just by looking at his engine it seems possible. The turbo is there and everything that he needs is in the cabin. Could he be running laptop software to make up for the power lost? The car seems to be in great working order. And when he shuts it off theres like this metal hitting metal sound coming from the engine bay for a second. When its its just running at an idel, its quiet. So anybody knows of this guy? It's a silver aero with a BSR badge on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts