Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while I had the head unit out to do the aux in mod using the telephone input, I decided why not remove the dash and wrap that beeotch.

I had one end of the dash out, and almost gave up as one of the vent 'waffles' fell to pieces, talk about an oh-shit what did i do moment. I found a nice tut on how to reassemble them, so not biggie anymore.

I have to say that it looks soooo much better than that grey splatterpaint crap that was on there before. I really like it.

I also am really liking the aux mod, should of done that on day 1 with the car.

It didn't happen unless there are pictures.... I'll get some up after work today:roll:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looking forward to pics....I have been thinking of doing that, and doing accents around the car along with doing headliner and pillars in alcantara.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Looks Good.

That Di-noc vinyl is some good stuff.
I wrapped the lid of my laptop in it.
Really easy to work with and comes out looking great.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Looks pretty good. Nice job on getting the "weave" to be at a 45 degree angle all the way across.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx. I'm really diggin it.

Stuffs very easy to work with. A hair dryer to heat it up so you can manipulate it. Just takes time and Lots of patience. Hardest part was the cutouts areound the vents b/c there are not edges to tuck around, it's gotta lay flat in the groove.

I think it went good, it's the second time I've wrapped anything.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Is the back adhesive?

Nice work!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Very nice. Gonna have to get off my butt and use some of the stuff I've got lying around...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
way cool bro. like it alot better than the other kind that 2002BlackViggen mentioned.

Stupid question, but how does one..."wrap" something with vinyl, ive never done it, and would like to try it, where'd you get the material?

Edit: Clean interior. A+ for that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure of the best place to buy this stuff.... A couple years ago a memeber on sc bought a large roll direct from 3m and sold off sizable chunks, that's where I got mine. I was gonna do all the wood bits in my former 9-3ss, but never got around to it. Anyways, it may be more easily avaliable now, and there are certainly othr brands and flavors besides the 3m di-noc...

It does have an adheasive back. The glue is stickier than you would first think. It is also fairly stiff at room temp, using a bit of heat quickly and in specific areas makes it very plyable and helps to form it to whatever ur wrapping. I'd bet there is a YouTube vid or two ouT there on this.

In any case, it's very easy to do. Just takes time and patience.

And thanks for the no-bash, I don think my fragile wittle self coulda handled that.:rolleyes: And I too dislike the blindingly shiny proper cf dashes out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone ever done their grill with this? My "chrome" is starting to flake off and I think something like this would actually look cool. How does this stuff hold up to the elements?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts