Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im gonna tell a short story about my friends aero he had fora bout 3 weeks.. he got a deal on this car, only 1500, didnt need a single thing cept for reapolstering the drivers seat and some headlight/tailight bulbs. he drove the car around a little bit (against the law) before he got it registerd and insured while he was saving the paychecks to do so.. then one day i get a phone call from him all excited like little girl (btw he's 20), tellin me he just got it all registered and is on the other phone with the insurence company..he tells me hes headin back home then meetin me at my brothers ina half hour. ten minutes later i getta call from my cousin sayin he just saw ty climbin out of a car sitting on its roof, he claimed the car to be destroyed, which worried me a little.

this is the car with mine the day before, those are plates of his nissan

then this is what i pull up to 5 minutes after recieving that phone call, btw more than 40 minutes b4 the state trooper decided to show up

he came around ^this corner at about 55 (roads are slightly wet if you cant tell) just tryin to lose a little deputy who made a sorry attempt to catch him, anyway came around and of coarse like a 9000 would it understeerd, sending him into the other lane, he woulda been fine but there was a dumptruck right there so he cutit reeal hard and pulled a drift barely missing the ass end of the truck, then the slope of the road shot him right back around, sending him into that dirt wall nose first, causing the car to do a 180 and flip at the same time, all the momentum crashing down onto the passenger side of the roof..

he said the thing he regrets most is when he was on the phone with the insurance company they asked, "would you like to switch to full coverage or stick with the liability?" "uhhhhmmm.....iiiiii guess il just stay with liability for now.." if only he went to full coverage lol

so all went well, he was not injured at all, but my other friend jake was ridin shotgun, and got screwed over hard..first thing, his seat belt didnt lock so he was movin around an flung forward when they hit the wall, and his airbag went off about 2 seconds after the driver airbag, so was leaning over the dash, and as the roof came down behind him the airbag shot him right back into it..causing a minor head injury..could be so much worse, THANK GOD FOR SAAB!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
F_cking just sad. Glad everyone is (relatively) ok. Lucky it didn't happen before he had insurance or he'd have some issues to deal with. When does the parting process begin?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Eh, it's not like the guy could have gotten any MORE brain damage after the accident than from when he first sat down in the car.

Glad to hear the only thing he killed was the car.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Exactly. I'm glad he's okay, but have NO sympathy.
x2.

very sad. is anything going to come over the deputy trying to chase him and then him flipping while attempting to evade the Law?

also from that picture i wouldn't take my lowered NG with strut braces, sway bars and really good tires on a dry day, throught hat turn at 55. Blind curve, banked the wrong way on a very narrow road with ditch/embankment, and no where to go should you need to... not very smart.

again though glad he is okay sad to see the car ruined by lack of common sense.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Glad the dude is ok, but what an f'ing idiot. Good thing is that it usually only takes one instance of this to learn a lifetime lesson. He's lucky as hell that it was only him that was in the collision. Could you imagine if an old lady or a mother with kids was in the other lane when he came around that corner? It could have been much much worse. Too bad a nice 9k aero is gone, but it's ALOT better than your friend's life.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Thats not fun at all... It may have been dumb to do what he was doing but thats mainly irrelevent considering it really could have been worse.

Btw, what was he doing driving like that on completely bald tires? I dont see any evidence of tread at any corner... sad

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Thats not fun at all... It may have been dumb to do what he was doing but thats mainly irrelevent considering it really could have been worse.
Actually, no. Your logic only works if there were situations beyond his control - weather, an oncoming car, etc. - and he was able to avoid a much worse crash because of skillful driving.

Instead, he was driving like an out and out asshat in questionable conditions and playing "Dukes of Leeds." The only reason he (or an innocent truck driver) isn't dead right now is luck and a well-engineered car.

Some people come away from a crash like that with a kick to the senses and never repeat their mistake. Others, let's just put it this way. If that guy keeps driving like that? Tweek's industry gets another customer or two.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Uh, I know Mike... even with the good student discount, clean driving record and a private driving school discount, Im still pushing around 2 grand (Im 18 ) which is a shame since I always make it a point to be safe and I feel like that should be rewarded. But its an industry of averages unfortunately...

Aireeca: Thats true, I wasnt going to defend his actions. I was trying to make a comment that didnt mirror what everone else has said so far :) I absolutely agree with you, it was completely irresponsible.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Uh, I know Mike... even with the good student discount, clean driving record and a private driving school discount, Im still pushing around 2 grand (Im 18 ) which is a shame since I always make it a point to be safe and I feel like that should be rewarded. But its an industry of averages unfortunately...
For comparison's sake, I'm paying about $1,600 for three cars.

Knuckleheads like the Aero flipper are screwing it up for lots of people, not just themselves.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
For comparison's sake, I'm paying about $1,600 for three cars.

Knuckleheads like the Aero flipper are screwing it up for lots of people, not just themselves.
$1,740 for.....

2001 Town & Country
1996 Aero
1993 Suburban
2002 Tracker pontoon boat
.....and homeowners insurance on our condo
.....and ins. on my wifes engagement ring.

knock on wood...I've never been the cause of an accident, and only made 1 claim. Been hit a couple times, but never totaled a car running from the cops 10mins after I got insurance on the car.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ditto on the no sympathy - running from the police on bald tires on a wet road while talking on his cell phone - sounds like Darwinian evolution at it's finest (only in this case the stupid lived ) ........... He's lucky he didn't kill the truck driver or his passenger ..........but he did kill a perfectly good car !

Between my wife and I, we pay $1841 on three cars

2007 Avalon
2003 Durango
1995 9000 Aero

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.