Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look Look - he too now has a Viggen Motor in his SPG! The secret is out!

(inside Joke for all of you who know about Jeff Proposki c900 "Viggen")

Motor Looks Great Grand Master Z :lol: :twisted: Can't wait to build mine next 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Man, you guys should've modded that block before you dropped it in.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blaque_Out said:
Man, you guys should've modded that block before you dropped it in.
I have plans along those lines for my NEXT project after the SPG - let's just say a CUSTOM TT 2.5 "GT" 9000 Aero is in the midst :twisted: Old Skewl 9000 Body too with a CUSTOM suspension to make it a fully independent handler :shock: 8) But once again - this is only a concept and a bunch of ideas for now between myself, DeLorean and my Body guy - but I promise you that most of those plans will become reality.

·
7,595 Posts
I got a real GM rebuilt rack (they are just about the best rebuilder there can be, and they are who made the saab racks anyway)

$100 on ebay closeout deal. they are still available on ebay now. I am almost temped to buy 3 more at a cut rate and just store them! :lol:

no core charge and shipping is cheap too. Paul H and BS both bought one from the same seller, along with about 4 other "saab people" I know

Ian (89saab900) has had his installed for a while now, and as far as I know it's working good

·
7,595 Posts
I just drove the thing for the first time today

wow :lol:

it's got some real punch now. spool up is improved over the T3, and the overall power is vastly improved! I get a slight dip on the AFR gauge when the boost comes on, I think the 2.2 is programmed for a T3, and the fact the boost is coming on so early has the primitive ECU out of it's fuel map. I don't actually notice this by a power drop, just on the gauge for a split second. once the power is "on" it's silly. I get wheel spin in the first 3 gears. The trans I rebuild is working perfectly, however I have a very slight differential hummm in low gears. I suspect that it may have made this sound even before I rebuilt it and function is not affected at all so I'll just ignore it for the time being. the next trans I do is going to have an LSD and an 8.5 primary drive in it (good to 160+ mph) I also need to get a few tools so I can check the shims on the diff.

I need to re-align the JT exhaust because it's hitting the heat shield at some point but overall, everything turned out great.

·
User
9,193 Posts
DeLorean said:
I just drove the thing for the first time today

wow :lol:

it's got some real punch now. spool up is improved over the T3, and the overall power is vastly improved! I get a slight dip on the AFR gauge when the boost comes on, I think the 2.2 is programmed for a T3, and the fact the boost is coming on so early has the primitive ECU out of it's fuel map. I don't actually notice this by a power drop, just on the gauge for a split second. once the power is "on" it's silly. I get wheel spin in the first 3 gears. The trans I rebuild is working perfectly, however I have a very slight differential hummm in low gears. I suspect that it may have made this sound even before I rebuilt it and function is not affected at all so I'll just ignore it for the time being. the next trans I do is going to have an LSD and an 8.5 primary drive in it (good to 160+ mph) I also need to get a few tools so I can check the shims on the diff.

I need to re-align the JT exhaust because it's hitting the heat shield at some point but overall, everything turned out great.
Damn man... sounds insane! :shock: Now I really can't wait to get my 2.3 head on my 89 :) hehe.... I want to mate the TD04 turbo as well.... hehe 8) :twisted:

·
User
9,193 Posts
PaulH said:
well i can testify that it does in fact go like hell :shock: .

needs a new clutch tho :lol:

Paul
Damnit.... I wanna ride in it! :? :lol: 8) :twisted:

·
Registered
299 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
time for that Heavy Duty 9" Clutch from GP9 :p I got one of those for the 89 waiting....
or a 9k clutch. zack was up late last night :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts