Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Those turbo's were also controlled by the same APC system the c900's/9000's used, too. Cool cars. Not my fave Masser, but definitely a cool car.

I've always had a soft spot for a Ghibli, myself...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those turbo's were also controlled by the same APC system the c900's/9000's used, too. Cool cars. Not my fave Masser, but definitely a cool car.

I've always had a soft spot for a Ghibli, myself...
i've driven a perfect Merak. not as beauiful, but a special car nonetheless

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I was going to say, a Bora/Merak is a very close second.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was the 80's and the pinninfarina styling was going through a minimalist bauhaus stage with the biturbo and the milano.

The awkward testarossa flair musta been their interpretation of devo drama.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Sorry to ruin your fun but these cars were developed with Chrysler and were actually complete crap.
typically all Maserati's are crap - aside from their looks and comforts....doesn't seem to stop people from liking them or wanting one. I have a friend with 2 spyders - neither run, nor have run in a VERY long time... it's just nice to be able to say - "oh that's just my Maserati over there, pay no attention to that...."

·
Registered
890 Posts
This is the kind of car you buy to garage it, pamper it, and drive it on a sunny day, to cruise or to a car show. Using a Maserati as a daily drives makes no sense, but owning one to show it off, and keep the mileage low to keep it from breaking would be the ideal way. Definitely not a car for someone who can't afford one.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Sorry to ruin your fun but these cars were developed with Chrysler and were actually total crap.
Wrong. Biturbo was all Maserati. Chrysler came later with the TC:

But perhaps you're almost right with with the fixed name. :lol:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry to ruin your fun but these cars were developed with Chrysler and were actually complete crap.
Could you write a review about that?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Im sorry to disagree with you all, but that is about the fugliest Maserati of all time lol. I see some of the new ones every day, and they are complete sex, but those poor old bi-turbos look like they were assembled from a lego kit.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Could you write a review about that?
Ooo, Burn.

Im sorry to disagree with you all, but that is about the fugliest Maserati of all time lol. I see some of the new ones every day, and they are complete sex, but those poor old bi-turbos look like they were assembled from a lego kit.
So they are a little rough around the edges and break down often, that just builds character! :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts