Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heath Campbell, left, with his wife Deborah and son Adolph Hitler, 3, pose in Easton, Pa.,, on Tuesday. Deborah and her husband Heath attempted to by a birthday cake for their son at a near by ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich, N.J. and were told that the store would not inscribe Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on the cake.

"I just went to get a cake for my kid and it became a circus of racism," said Heath Campbell.

But when Heath and Deborah Campbell went to the ShopRite in Greenwich Township, New Jersey, the store refused to put their son's name, Adolf Hitler Campbell, on the cake.

"This is America! They violated the rights of my son! A name is a name!" said Heath Campbell.

Their daughter's are named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and HonsLynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, which are names also with ties to Nazi Germany.

Heath has Nazi memorabilia and tattoos on his arm -- just below Pebbles Flintstones and Winnie the Pooh.

The couple said they're neither members of the Aryan Nation nor fans of Hitler's atrocities.

"He did this stuff, yeah, but that was in the past. America had slavery and everything else," said Deborah Campbell.

The Campbells claim they simply like the names, but they admit they've been harassed since word of the cake issue got out.

"It hurts with the threats! It's not right," said an emotional Deborah Campbell.

They also know the names they've given their children may evoke hatred and Deborah said she's open to changing their names, if warranted.

As for ShopRite, they say putting Adolf Hitler on a cake is inappropriate.

"All we want is ShopRite to apologize! Because all we were trying to get was my son's name on a cake," said Deborah Campbell.

A spokesperson for ShopRite said they stand by their original offer to bake a birthday cake for the Campbells and leave room on it for them to write in their son's name.

They say they have to plans to offer the family an apology.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Adolf-Hitlers-Birthday-Cake-Nightmare.html

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wow, that's guaranteeing the kid is going to get made fun of non-stop.

Seriously, why the hell would you name the kid that? Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's guaranteeing the kid is going to get made fun of non-stop.

Seriously, why the hell would you name the kid that? Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.
If you saw these two on TV that's what you would think

So I guess the final solution was to issue an apology? Personal agenda, I would believe. It's infuhreriating.
fuhrer-ating lolololed...

One of our local news statiojn sis al over this so we get an update every hour it seems...

No no apology coming so says the store. They will make a cake and let the parents put whatever they want on it...

N ow the mom is complaining that her kids are being picked on a ridiculed.. ha ha, I gues now they know what it feels like to live in Germany in the 30s-40s and not be pure....

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I think we should all just try a little tenderness...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sounds like these people are a lil messed up in the head. I'm sorry, but naming your kid Adolf Hitler ( intentional or not) is asking for problems.

Woulda been funny top see the birthday cake if the supermarket actually made the cake though.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I wonder what they used for candles? Creepy just to think of it...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just read that like, an hour ago on fox news.
Those parents must really hate that kid. He's probably not gonna be long for this world with a name like that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
At least he has a normal format for a name, First Middle Last. The girl with JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell is worse I think.

It's like me saying I'm going to have my kids middle name be Wal-mart.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
At least he has a normal format for a name, First Middle Last. The girl with JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell is worse I think.

It's like me saying I'm going to have my kids middle name be Wal-mart.
It is within their reichs to name their kid whatever they please. Once the kid is old enough, heil probably end up changing his name.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts