Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of deliberation over removing my wobbly badges, I finally did it today. I was following a mean looking 3 series on the freeway that was debadged. I couldn't tell exactly which 3 series it was so the lack of badges added to the mystery. Must admit it's a much cleaner look and anybody not in the know wouldn't really be able to tell if mine was an Arc or an Aero (as I have the full kit). Anybody who knew something about 9-3SS's could of course, but the average Joe Blow will be going huh? Which they usually do anyway

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saba said:
After months of deliberation over removing my wobbly badges, I finally did it today. I was following a mean looking 3 series on the freeway that was debadged. I couldn't tell exactly which 3 series it was so the lack of badges added to the mystery. Must admit it's a much cleaner look and anybody not in the know wouldn't really be able to tell if mine was an Arc or an Aero (as I have the full kit). Anybody who knew something about 9-3SS's could of course, but the average Joe Blow will be going huh? Which they usually do anyway
But from your pictures, you don't have the AERO wheels, yes/no? :?:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have lots of Aero things. Point is that most people can only tell what a car is by their badges. I'm not pretending to be an Aero by any stretch of the imagination. Anybody with more than a casual interest in Saabs would pick that straight away. I like the fact that the 9-3 is mysterious enough for most people. Removing the badges makes it even more so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most people I've encountered didn't even know Saab redesigned the new 9-3, so they hardly know the difference between a 2.0t and a 2.0T.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is true. A lot of Saab owners don't know that either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Geez I like your car Saba, i was never much of a fan of red/burgandy cars till i saw yours. Saab certainly got the Merlot red just right....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Enobar, nor was I until i saw the Merlot. I was going to get a Cosmic Blue and then saw a Merlot Red in the shop and went aahhhh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts