Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to debadge my 9-3 and put a new emblem on the trunk. Any suggestions on the best way to do it? Also, I'm under the impression there are molding holes in the trunk, how can I keep from scratching it when removing the emblem?

Thanks

L

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Heat with a hair dryer, separate with dental floss, use Goo Gone on the remaining adhesive.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Heat with a hair dryer, separate with dental floss, use Goo Gone on the remaining adhesive.
This is the perfect method to remove the SAAB and 9-3 lettering.

To remove the emblem:
Take a flat-head screw driver and a rag. Tuck the rag under the wedge of the screwdriver and slowly pry up, going in a circle around the emblem untill it is fully pryed out. Clean the dirt out and push in new badge. Its a simple yet tedious process.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Do you know if a 05 emblem would fit on a 06? I was not talking about doing the 9-3 or 2.0T emblems, but the actual middle trunk emblem itself. Still the same processes?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I was not talking about doing the 9-3 or 2.0T emblems, but the actual middle trunk emblem itself. Still the same processes?
To remove the emblem:
Take a flat-head screw driver and a rag. Tuck the rag under the wedge of the screwdriver and slowly pry up, going in a circle around the emblem untill it is fully pryed out. Clean the dirt out and push in new badge. Its a simple yet tedious process.
Yup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts