Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah - trolling the saabnet classifieds... giving CL a break, and saw this...

http://saabnet.com/tsn/class/ci.php3?ph=1006282237cpatt

1989 Saab 900 Turbo/Carlsson (Posted 9/24/2010)

Color: Cirrus White Trans: Manual Mileage: 153,000 Price: $9500
89 900 turbo manual custom original!! Purchased from a retired marine(original owner)  who returned with the car from Europe to the Rogers mn area! im the 2nd owner, It came with the carlsson kit! I have all the maintenance and updates performed at Andrews Sabb in Princeton. First time in 2004(2500.00) and later in 2010 ($8500.00 have receipts)to have a complete bumper to bumper check and replace after a custom body and paint job at Happy Days body works in altoona wi!! (9500.00) New tires(bridgestone/Potenza) and rims(Motegi 850.00)! A/c been redone with new compressor and updates on refrigerant, fuel pressure regulator,Power steering rack,Power steering pump,and more,New Phoenix Gold stereo amp and 2/12" subwoofers!!and component speakers professionally installed!!(4200.00) This car has all the little HP tweaks also done by Andrews!! Its driven by us to the local car shows! We are both over 50 yrs and we are considering a purchase in real estate! We hope to semi retire with a small 2nd hand shop? and we could use the funds from this sale as a downpayment! Its a fantastic saab At a Great Price!! Thanks Again Chip&Mary
Email: Click Here
Phone: 715-209-7940
Another nice one - destroyed to bad taste.... really really bad taste.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'd rock it...after I tore off the hood, rear "decor panel???" exhaust, wheels, and that fin thingy on the roof. WTF are those a SECOND set of side markers? What can I say, I'm a sucker for white airflows. At least it's been maintained;)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Beyond the tails, fart can, and hood, it is not all that bad (and I guess the side markers in the rear quarters). I actually don't mind the white wheels on it. That said, it is totally not a $9500 car even it this were fixed.

·
Registered
433 Posts
arghh....that's alot of money spent on something so ugly/cheesy. But, as noted above, at least the mechanical condition should be excellent.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is sad - b/c like you said, very well cared for - aside the shitty custom crap. Hood doesn't bother me as much as those poorly executed corvette tail lamps and the second set of side markers... Interior looks great!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The only thing overly offensive is that nasty rear tail light setup. I wish I could say it is just an overlay or cover but it looks like the OEM taillight housings are long gone and it is molded in...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It is sad - b/c like you said, very well cared for - aside the shitty custom crap. Hood doesn't bother me as much as those poorly executed corvette tail lamps and the second set of side markers... Interior looks great!
This is how I feel as well. I think I could deal with the hood for at least a little bit.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
I have seen this car in person, and it's not to my taste, but it is very, very clean.

I don't even mind the hood. The tails...eh. Whatever. It's still nicer than 90% of the C900's on here.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Everything is great besides the rear tail lights and the placement of the whaletail. Other than that, it's a very sharp car. I like the hood, lights, wheels, color, etc. It's a shame they chopped or filled the rear tail light location on the rear quarters though....deleting the outside tails was a huge mistake. I wonder if the owner realized what he was doing in terms of destroying future re-sale value....To me it seems like he could easily fetch 9500 if the rear wasn't so customized. With it being completely changed though, I don't see it getting anywhere near 9500 unless the seller finds a really limited group of buyers.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Hard to imagine that the seller went to all that trouble, and did not get the side mirrors painted to match the body color.

The only unforgivable thing he's done is the rear tail light/rear side marker "mod". Unfortunately that is the most difficult and pricey to undo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts