Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its the battery...even though its only 9 months old. But its from walmart.

This wasn't the first time I had to get a jump in the past 2 weeks.

Today, I went to out to the store, and as soon as I only herd the drivers side door unlock I knew it was dead.

Thankfully there was someone in the parking lot to give me a jump. I figured it was just a dead battery. Of course it didnt start right up. I had to let it sit for a good 3 minutes or so just to build up enough charge to get the dash lights to come on. I started it abit after that and I was off on my way.

I drove for about 20 minutes. Got to the store, and was gone for no more then 5 minutes. Got back to my car and again it was dead. The stater would barely kick in. Got a jump from another kind soul who was also there.

Got back to the parking lot. Turned the car off, and then back to run(not running, but just on). That didnt kill the battery. Then I got out, locked the car, got back in and tried to start it. It died.

Fuck walmart batteries.

I want all my money back so I can get a good battery. not a POS one. Think they will refund me fully?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I had a walmart battery in my 3-door for 3 or 4 years and it was still fine.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
What kind of voltage are you getting off the Alternator? Suspect battery, cables or grounds, may not be charging or bad voltage regulator if it happens over and over.

Pull the battery out and do a full charge with a battery charger, then see if that helps once the charging problem is solved.

ETA: Just replaced an Interstate battery with a Sears special, seems to have solved the problem.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alt was replaced about the same time I bought the battery....9 months ago.

It was a reman from eeuro. I have no battery light on, so I assume its charging. I gotta get my friend over with his voltmeter. I shoulda brought more tools out to school...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.