Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i might be getting a wood grain dash to replace my black for mad cheep. Im assuming its relitivly simple to get the black trim out... but where do i start? what needs to come out etc etc... thanks all

BRAD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll do my best to enlighten you! :D
First of all you got to remove the dash top cover: http://www.quasimotors.com/dashtop.htm

You can also study the picture in this swedish thread: http://forum.saabturboclub.com/phpbb1/viewtopic.php?t=64176

Then there's all the electrical switches to pull out, along with the climate control unit, radio, ashtray/cig.lighter etc. Make sure you put some colored tape or something to mark all the wire connections to all the switches! You'll have to put'em all back sooner or later, and then I'm pretty sure you wanna know which connector goes where... :wink:
:arrow: Please note that the interior air temp sensor (for the ACC) cannot be pulled out :!: You can pull out the small plastic cover grille, but the sensor itself has to be pushed inwards!!!

Now it's time to deal with those Torx screws! In the middle of the three DIN-sized holes for radio, ash tray etc. there's two holding the dash. Unscrew them!
Next, pull up the leather gear lever cover (if you have leather, otherwise it's plastic/rubber) and you'll see a Torx screw underneath it.
Finally pull out the two small/thin plastic covers between the switches on the dash (for heated seats on the right & fog lights on the left). There's a Torx underneath each cover. Unscrew them aswell!

Make sure your steering wheel is adjusted/pulled towards the drivers seat as far as it goes.
Now you should be ready to remove the old plastic dash an replace it with the dash.
Just take it fairly easy with the left ventilation outlet since it's clipped onto the dash. It can be a little cranky to get loose from the dash sometimes, but that shouldn't be a serious problem. The center outlet won't come loose, and shouldn't do so either...

Good luck!

Ps. Ask me how I know this... :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts