Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is an interesting one! coming home on 611 today after a semi late night run to get "the cheap gas" I noticed a rather fast moving 9000 coming up on my left. I stayed with him, figured he must have been rushing to the hospital or something :lol: we hit a light and I look over. Easily 50+ year old man, looked like he HAD to be a Doctor. I bliped the throttle and he looked over, but didn't blip back. I figured, ok, he's an old man, he's never going to go for it. Sure enough, he takes off full blast, and I was fully un prepared! I was blown away by an easy 4 carlengths :cry: I'm not sure what mods this guy had, but he had to have had something. so I stay with him and he's maintaining about 70. probably 5 minutes later, we catch another light. It's was on! I was all set this time, and we both went for it at the green. I got some wheel spin, but the other guy just briskly pulled a carlength ahead in 1st (9000's go to about 35 in 1st, C-900's make 25 mph). after that we were dead even acceleration wise and I never caught up :roll: beaten again by a damn 9000!

another bonus was as I was pulling into 2nd (with the 9000 still accelerating past me) my synchro that's been failing in 2nd for the longest time, just failed all together. I am not sure if it took a tooth off the gear cluster along with it once I got it into gear, but it very well could have... it's starting to "skip", so I can't put it into 2nd under normal driving conditions safely. I was expecting this soon though, and I got 2 extra trannys in my garage. time to break out "the philly cruiser"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts