Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently changed the headgasket in my 99 9-3. upon putting everything back together and starting the car there was a missfire in cylinder 3. compression is excellent. its getting spark, and the injectors have been off several times so doubtful the same injector has been in the rail in the same spot each time... timing was marked and put back together directly on the marks... help... just want my saab back....:(

·
Registered
791 Posts
If its throwing a code it could be the di. They throw misfire codes when they start to go bad sometimes. (I think)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Dumb Question - did you install new plugs? OEM NGK Plugs? Check Gap? If yes and correct to all those - I too would think DI if there are no Vac hoses in poor shape and not connected/broken.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and its not just throwing a code. it has a noticable missfire... but under acceleration it seems to run fine... im stumped...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Part Number of Head-gasket used? Did you replace the intake gasket too?

Head Gasket Part Number Should Have Been: 91 85 695 for a B204 Series Engine E, I, L, R
Intake Gasket Part Number Should Have Been: 91 38 884 also for a B204 Series Engine E, I, L, R

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure of the part number on the head gasket. and no. i didnt replace the intake manifold gasket but i did permatex the intake manifold...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
x2 on the intake gasket. Replace it with a new gasket, they're cheap. Throw out the permatex. Could be a tooth off on the timing too, that makes them really idle poorly

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dtc? and would one tooth cause one cylinder to missfire because it is throwing a code but its not just throwing. it really has a missfire.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I fought a misfire in my number 4 cylinder for ever and it was finally tracked down to the connection in the connector of the wiring harness to the ECU. It behaved the same way, ran like crap at idle but seemed okay at higher RPM's. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
No2 injector wire is easily pluged into the IAC valve, And the IAC valve wire is easily pluged into the injector. Do you have your wires Crossed? Or the gasket. Gum cutter helps find that leak

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if the injector and iac valve wires were crossed why would cylinder 3 missfire and not cylinder 2? also gum cutter? cant i spray carb cleaner on the intake manifold and see if the engine bogs down to tell if theres a vaccuum leak there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts