Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for somebody to build me a custom subwoofer box with a place for two amps. i have a 96 900s and i am sick of the basic box that i have them in now. I have two 12inch rockford fosgates with a dual amplifiar. i will be getting another dual amplifiar shortly for new speakers. So the mission is to build a custom enclosure for the 2 woofers and 2 amplifiars. I am offering cash for not only the build but for installation as well! let me know! ( i will pay for supplies of course)

pick of my subs now...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/443304/3

a setup that i kind of like...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/238210/2

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I could build an enclosure for you. Im going to be making a custom enclosure for my 96 900 SE either this weekend or next.

My enclosure will use the entire trunk however, incorporating my two amps into the floor along with my capacitor, and angle my subs up behind the rear seats to point towards the hatch glass. All of this will be vinyled to match my interior.

But im sure I can get that enclosure made for you like the one in that picture...only bad part is that your subs will need to be relocated (i believe the one in the picture is a 10".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
install

i also need someone that is willing to install for me. i live 25 miles north of boston. we can work something out on travel plans if needed.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ooo, 25 miles north of boston, i live near there, if cedric could make it so it fit perfectly, i'd be glad to install it, but nothing's free you know...

it took me about 20 hours of continuous work to install my system which includes custom wiring of the headunit, dash speak install, rear deck install, including custom speaker rings, mounting of two amps, all wiring associated with those(not slopily done either, all nice and lined up), and two sub install.

since this is just wiring and two subs, it shouldn't be that hard, but i'd give it a full day of work at best guess.

~justin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
name a price that you think is fair for the install and maybe we can work something out. again i will eventually have 2 amps (1 for the subs 1 for the speakers that are coming), probably a capacitator or 2. The enclosure needs to be able to accomodate by 6cd changer, and the light that is inside the trunk. for some effects some lighting could be in order. question: difficult to add a second battery just for audio?

·
Registered
122 Posts
sweedmachine said:
I am looking for somebody to build me a custom subwoofer box with a place for two amps. i have a 96 900s and i am sick of the basic box that i have them in now. I have two 12inch rockford fosgates with a dual amplifiar. i will be getting another dual amplifiar shortly for new speakers. So the mission is to build a custom enclosure for the 2 woofers and 2 amplifiars. I am offering cash for not only the build but for installation as well! let me know! ( i will pay for supplies of course)

pick of my subs now...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/443304/3

a setup that i kind of like...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/238210/2
Thanks for liking my install. Too bad you live so far up north otherwise I could duplicate it for you.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
make a list of everything that you'd want me to do, and i'll give you a price.

~justin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i found a friend that might be able to do the install for me. but if he cant i will let people know exactly what i want when i get further into the project. but i would like to still hear from people.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I'd also like something like this for my 1988 SPG, to fit 2 12" Alpine Type-R's and 2 amps. I can put it in myself, I can also put it together myself, but I'd need somebody to design it and cut out all the pieces. What would any of you guys charge for that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would like some1 to design (on the computer would be nice) something that would work for me. Needs to include: 2 amps, 2 -12inch subs, 6cd changer, trunk light, 1 cap. (1 amp is for 4 other speakers throughout the car). and let me know. i will communicate with you further once some sort of design is discussed.

contacts:
aim- armor4sleep86
email- [email protected]

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
jesum dude, like what, autocad or something? lol

you still live like really close to me, even still, do you want to get together sometime and hang out? what town do you live in?

~justin

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i guess i could try to lay something out on cad, as i have so much freetime in the tech ed lab @ school

but im not that good with sound systems

Brian

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im pretty good with audio. As far as diagrams and everything...I can only pretty much describe or show examples as im not good with Paint or Photochop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any type of picture or example would be great. if some1 could work it out something like the picture that would be great. except it's 2 - 12inch subs instead of 1 ten.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im going to mirror this in the Wanted section.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i'd be glad to do that custom box setup for you anyone who is interested can e-mail me @ [email protected] I live in southwestern CT and i own my own company 203 Custom Motorsports we specialize in building custom boxes and enclosures for all types of cars. I have a '97 900s which I purchased 4-5 months ago and I took out the spare tire and created custom enclosers that fit in the wheel well. There are 2 12" Boston Acoustics subs in there that fit flush with the floor and meshed out so you can look down onto them and no debris falls onto the surface or the sub and they create perfect amplification. Let me know dimensions and cost range and i'll let you know what i can do.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey guys does my stock head unit have the RCA hookups for sub woffer cabeling, if so how do i pull it off, I dont see any screws, can you guys help?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts