Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you 9-5 gurus out there, take a look at this picture below. Do those look like custom housed projector headlights to you? That's exactly what I wanted to do to my 900, all he did really was take the stock headlight box and add a section into it that contains a project headlight. So he sectioned one side of it off, so one side would look like the stock headlight but the other would have an angel eye like the BMWs and be a projector light. Pretty cool!

And damn now that I am looking at it again, it looks like he has the viggen front on a 9-5! :shock:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
that front end (headlights and all) is about as far from stock as a 9-5 gets

·
Administrator
254 Posts
No, sorry fellas but those are stock 9-5 headlights. They did projectors on the 2004's. Go to www.saab.com and look at the pictures for yourself. He probably has an earlier 9-5 and updated it with the new headlights.

Kyle

Edit: Actually I'll just show ya :wink:

·
Registered
461 Posts
HOORAY!!! I get projectors.....ooo happy day, o happy day, when jesus was.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
old 9-5 and new style projector headlights---

Not to smash your hopes and dreams, but I've heard that putting the projector headlights from the restyled 9-5 into the original (and much cooler looking, in my opinion) 9-5 is quite the pain in the ass. I bought a 9-5 projector headlight off of eBay planning to have it modified to fit into my 9-3's headlight by hidtech.com, but I haven't got to sendning it off yet (I need a replacement headlight for the time it's getting worked on). They normally just install projectors into your stock headlights, no change to the housings at all, but I was kind of grossed out by the idea of having this big housing with one lone projector in the middle, and they said it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal just to clip out the innner chrome housing of the 9-5 headlight and put it in the 9-3's for the projector placement. I think you might be able to pull it off with your car though, Osiris, just having a projector installed in your original housings. Being that (I think...) the 9-5 has separate reflectors for the high and low beams, it wouldn't look weird at all--just have the projector installed into one of the reflector chambers. And with the glass fluting that would screw up the light pattern with the projector, I've talked to Newport Glass (newportglass.com), and they seemed to think it would be possible for to polish out the lenses and make them clear. That'd be pretty damn swank...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts