Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering how most of you make your intakes, as far as how you build your pipe to have nipples for the bypass valve and stuff goes. I was planning on making one for my 92' 9K to re-locate my bypass valve and go with the cone filter, and I'll probably get an oil catchcan to eliminate the ventilation hose. When you eliminate the ventilation hose isn't there a small coolant line down there as well? What do you do with that line? It's been awhile since I posted some pictures of the car so here's a couple new ones, sorry for quality I took them with my cell phone. The car is a bit rough it still needs some work it could use a passenger side fender and a hood other then that it's not looking to shabby, I also touched up the wheels and got rid of the corrosion on them. So here's some pictures of my current intake set up and the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In my experience removing the PVC breather is not the best idea. You want to have constant vacuum on the crankcase to prevent sludge build up in the top end. Besides, it doesn't really gain you any extra performance. If you want to clean the crankcase blowby before entering the turbo put a catch can between the lines; however I would not elimenate it.
Tom

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I'm shooting for as far as an intake is to get my bypass valve straight up and down like on the new generation 9000's and to run a cone style filter in the fender with a shield around it.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
autozone has sections of shiny plastic 3inch tubing that can be twisted to conform to the space you have for the intake. I have a catch can that does not recirculate back into the turbo. there isnt much vacuum the intake is generating with a big open air filter and a 3 inch tube. when I have done valve cover gaskets I never seen any sludge on the VC. you have the 3 options

1 - 7 of 7 Posts