Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to make some custom battery cables to upgrade the existing in an attempt to ditch the capacitor I'm using for my sound system.

Does anyone happen to have battery cables out of the car that could take some measurements for me?

TIA

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am going to make some custom battery cables to upgrade the existing in an attempt to ditch the capacitor I'm using for my sound system.

Does anyone happen to have battery cables out of the car that could take some measurements for me?

TIA
Yes I do. What do I get in return? :roll:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Pictures of said custom battery cables?
K You better. :D

Both cables split into two lengths at the terminals. The 2nd value of what I list is the smaller gauge wire length.

44 inches and 25 inches for the + cable. (The main 44inch length has a ring terminal at 44 inches and at 36.)

What I've read is your best running a separate wire for each point you attach a cable to. Meaning 3 wires, 44, 36 and 25 that meet at the battery terminal.

25 inches and 15.5 inches for the - cable.

Running an amp wire if you haven't already would be a good idea when you do your custom cables to make things nice and tidy in the engine bay.

Do you need pics as well? I have some but don't feel like uploading them atm.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to Sleepy for the measurements and thanks to Nick for the retailer!

I used:
0ga welding wire(chemical resistant + hi temp) for primary ground and to starter and alternator.
4ga welding wire to fuse block and body ground
adhesive lined heat shrink
tech flex sleeve
solder lugs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts