Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently went on a trip and I was using the cruise control all the time. I noticed a strange behaviour which I do not think is quite right. With the cruise control engaged ie. car cruising at the set speed, it seems to disengage whenever I "jiggle" the cruise control stalk. I did not touch the cruise control buttons or the set+/set- buttons at all. Sometimes just the mere touching of the stalk, high beam or engaging direction signal disengages it. Does this sound strange to you?

I couldn't find anything in the manual that states that engaging high beam or signal will disengage the cruise control. The only ways to disengage cruise control is to turn off the cruise control by flicking the switch to off or depressing the brake pedal. All other cruise functions work fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
does seem pretty wierd.......mine doesnt have that problem at all.

i like playin with cruise control though cause the ECU runs the car so nicely. I have a turbo guage i installed, and when i accelerate with cruise control the boost increases the tiniest bit, but when i try to be that smooth with my foot it jumps about a unit of Vacuum whatever that is or a fraction of a lb of boost. (depending if im boosting or not)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok just wanted to make sure, it doesn't seem like WS was talking about the SS. I have an 04 SS and I have not noticed any issues with speed control, works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cruise control behavior

there is another way to disengage the cruise control...and that is to push the lever to the left ever so slightly..just before you turn it off completely (here the click)..so possibly as you are touching or 'jiggling' the stalk you can disengage the cruise...pushing the lever to the left and not all the way to the click then pushing it back right (to the resume position) allows you to reset cruise without turning off then on again...this is not clearly stated in the manual...hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts