Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Australian model saab 900i 2.0...

Dose anyone have instructions on how to test the crank sensor?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You can test for pulse on the output with an oscilloscope, or with a multimeter. I can't remember what the voltage level is at the moment, but I will have a look at the Bentley manual and post back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am not sure if this is helpful. The bentley manual I have says check hall sensor signal to EZK control unit. Peel back rubber boot on EZK and connect a voltmeter between terminal 24 (+) and 20(-) Turn on the ignition and slowly turn the engine by hand. Voltage should be between .4v dc or less and 3v or higher. Then it goes on to test for voltage to the hall sensor. On the EZK unit connect a voltmeter between terminal 4(+) and 10(-). With ignition on there should be battery voltage. If you had a faulty previous test and this step was correct then the hall sensor is defective. I recently ran this test and my ezk does not have a rubber boot to pull back and connect to the pins. I had to take mine out of the box it is in. These instructions are the only ones I could find for the crankshaft mounted hall sensor. I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts