Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying i am a complete c900 noob.

I just got done installing one of the super aeros on the spg and i can't really tell if it fits properly. It seems to be sitting higher on the super aero wheel than it was on the stock spg wheel. Is that normal? It could also just be my eyes deceiving me. The spg tires are 195/60 while the super aeros are 205/50

And yes i know the tire is flat, I'v already inflated it

Second question is, what gets plugged into this and what is it? Obviously it looks like a vacuum hose is missing but i can't find anything loose or hanging.

What's this? I know the vent on the hood lets air in and there's an actuator that i think its stuck.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
you just replaced 15" wheels with 16" wheels and tires that probably have the same sidewall. so yes, it's sitting higher.

the vent is where the HVAC gets air from. iirc the vent is open when the car is off, but i havnt owned a c900 in 5 years so i'm not sure

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you just replaced 15" wheels with 16" wheels and tires that probably have the same sidewall. so yes, it's sitting higher.

the vent is where the HVAC gets air from. iirc the vent is open when the car is off, but i havnt owned a c900 in 5 years so i'm not sure
No i understand the fact that i went up a size but the sidewalls went down a size. I would think they balance out no? I'm probably wrong so i guess ill have to live with the jacked up height for now....

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The last picture is the recirculate actuator for the HVAC.

When you turn recirculate on, or you have the blower on maximum it will close.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
195/60-15 4.6in 12.1in 24.2in 76.1in 833 0.0%
205/50-16 4.0in 12.0in 24.1in 75.6in 838 -0.6%

you need some new springs on that car.... lower it

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
Tires - looks normal for super aeros.

Black thing - never seen one before. What does it connect to besides the vacuum system?

Last picture: as said, that's the flap that controls the recirc function of the HVAC, when it's closed the air is drawn in from the cabin. It is operated by that vacuum servo in the picture there (the whole system's flaps are vacuum operated). I believe if you turn the car off with the recirc button in, the flap will stay closed, but I might be wrong on that. To make sure it's working, just hit the recirc button while the car is running and see if it closes. If it's broken, inspect the vacuum line running to the vent control, and/or find a new actuator at a junkyard.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Maybe it's because you just took the car off the jack and the springs/shocks haven't settled?
^x2

The recirc flap is like others have described. I was playing with it on my '88 900S the other day and I'm quite sure it opens when you shut of the car even if you leave the recirc button 'on'.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For some reason i thought the super aeros were on 205/50s but its actually 55 so not too much of a difference between the old tires and new tires. So i guess i'll have to live with it.

Maybe it's because you just took the car off the jack and the springs/shocks haven't settled?
When i lowered it i thought that as well but i don't thats the case. Ben's right me thinks, the side walls are almost the same size and the rims are a size bigger

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The black tank is or the EGR system. It came from the factory with it and was disconnected by the dealerships to help cure a CEL problem that that particular year suffered. So in short it belongs on the car but doesn't do anything.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I have that same size on the front of my car, and the speedo reads more or less true when compared to those "your speed" radar things that you pass on the road. The standard wheels IIRC made the speedo read 2-3mph lower depending on speed. So it's a pretty big difference.

Moreboost what are you doing with the old SPG wheels/tires?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have that same size on the front of my car, and the speedo reads more or less true when compared to those "your speed" radar things that you pass on the road. The standard wheels IIRC made the speedo read 2-3mph lower depending on speed. So it's a pretty big difference.

Moreboost what are you doing with the old SPG wheels/tires?
Truthfully i was probably planning on selling them. I have a set of black steelies with snow tires already mounted so i really have no use for the spg wheels.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts