Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
These may be stupid questions, and sorry if they are, but, here we go..

1) How does the ignition lock work on an automatic C900? I know C900's have some special lock thing, I'm assuming that's why it won't move past the first position..

2) I started the car yesterday, and when I shifted it into reverse, it moved by itself (so without me touching any pedals), uphill too.. it only went like 5mph, but still.. is that normal? I've had people tell me it's normal, others tell me it's not..

3) What does the little gray switch do? It's on the center console. I would look in the owner's manual but I don't have one, and I can't start the car again for various reasons to see what it does. I can try to take a picture of it and upload it if that's needed.

Car is a 1985 900 Turbo with an automatic tranny (heh, not my choice). Thanks a lot.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
To answer a couple of your questions (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

2) Yes it is normal for the car to go in reverse w/o the gas very slowly. I'm not sure if it should do this uphill however.

3) I believe the switch your referring to (which is down on the console between the seats), should be your dome light switch.

·
7,595 Posts
if it's auto, a bit of creep is normal foward and reverse if it's auto. Too much means your idle is too high. Now... if it's 5 speed, it's not normal at all... could mean your clutch if not fully releasing and it will (or a hydraulic part) need to be replaced ASAP.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Actually a manual will do this as well if you let out the clutch slowly untill it gets a constant speed. I almost always coast backwards this way, without giving gas.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
thats how you start on any road in pittsburgh, cause they are all hills
and yes, autos will drift a little just by lettin gup on the brake

·
Registered
32 Posts
You may find that once it warms it won't pull as fast, and idle lower. Check the idle rpm 850 about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts