Saab Link Forums banner

limit for sale bumps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most forums have a 3 day requirement for bumping you own thread. Could we get a limit so we don't have people bumping their threads every 2 hours?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Just to clarify: Most folks will bump someone else's FS thread out of courtesy with a simple comment ("Nice xxx! GLWTS"), and it's OK to bump once a day, especially if you're adding more info or changing the price, but it's the relentless self-bumping two and three times a day that gets irritating

·
Super Moderator
6,735 Posts
The only bumps I hate, are when someone brings up a 5 year old thread, or if someone bumps their own FS thread every second.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
i'm good with a limit on bumps from someone that already posted on that specific thread. even if they have more/new info.

i say limit to once every other day if you have already posted in that for sale thread. i assume this wont be logistically easy on the back end but makes the most sense. that way the same people arent constantly bumping the thread and if a new person sees it and likes it they can bump it for that person as a courtesy but with the same limitation.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Yeah sweet, more rules and bureaucracy and intervention to make site run more smoothly, that'll work great.

Setting some arbitrary limit on bumps would catch more people having legitimate conversation than it would stop abusers. And then Mods will have to answer a bunch of "Hey I'm just trying to have conversation XYZ but I keep getting blocked" emails/complaints, rather than just stop some random Bumpster once in awhile.

I say leave it alone. Or better yet, just get Soup Nazi Scott from over at Saabnet to rewrite the code with some more asinine rules in it lol.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I agree for the most part. The random bumps from other members are OK. The bumps from adding new info are ok. Both of those might be affected by an arbitrary rule.

But the hourly self-bumping is ridiculous. I think rather than institute a set rule, let the forum self-police by making it open season for pooping in a thread. A daily self bump? No problem. A couple of times a day of "ttt" or "bump"? Then it's on.

The person will quickly regret the decision, a la the skanky Volvo that the kid from Connecticut was trying to unload.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.