Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cost of CV joing inner/outer - Is this right????

Got a quote from Barry's Performance in Norfolk to replace my CV for something like $600.

Paul said, well you might as well do inner and outer and get the whole axle.

Am I crazy? Does this sound right. I see the axle and joints on eeuroparts for $85 plus shipping.

What should this cost?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
The price for the individual joints is insane. I just went through this with the aero. The brand of axle eeuro sells have had problems with literally twisting and "shearing" off. There was a good thread on here a little while ago about this very subject. I believe the brand is empi(don't quote me on that). I would look around for a differet brand of axle. I purchased mine at BOND auto parts and have not had any issues. I do belive the price was less than eeuro as well. Just sayin.

I'll have to look for that thread, I'll grab ya the link.
Edit: was the 600$ only for one joint?!
-/tetnis/-

·
Registered
125 Posts
$600 is a total rip. You can buy two remaned axles from eeuro or other online vendors for way less.
I recommend getting the whole assembly as it saves time, is cheaper and cleaner than assembling the axles from parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.