Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, noticed a coolant smell the other day, ya know the sweet smell. Coincidentally this was the first time I used the heat. Well tonight, as I'm getting out of my car, I notice my floor mat is wet, and I feel underneath, so is the floor. And it's im assuming, coolant. So what is it? Obviously it has to do with the heat, and I can't see any noticeable leaks underneath the car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Don't put it off either! If you delay the fix there is a chance it will take a crap all at once! This scenerio is not a pretty one as you may get a nice dose of hot coolent all over your shoes!!! I'd say the heater control valve is a GREAT place to start... They are prone to failure. The other possability is that there is a issue with your heater core. Start with the control valve 1st though!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the first question is do you have a bentley manual?
Nah, I don't. So I'm gonna order the part, unless my mechanic can get it cheaper, and then have him install it. Then buy a bentley manual, because I really need one (he isn't a cheap mechanic - but he's good).

·
Registered
711 Posts
Don't put it off either! If you delay the fix there is a chance it will take a crap all at once! This scenerio is not a pretty one as you may get a nice dose of hot coolent all over your shoes!!! I'd say the heater control valve is a GREAT place to start... They are prone to failure. The other possability is that there is a issue with your heater core. Start with the control valve 1st though!
Yeah, either fix today or take off the heater core hoses and loop them and freeze :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, either fix today or take off the heater core hoses and loop them and freeze :D
Can I seriously do this until I can afford it, I should be able to get it within a week, but until then....

Or is this guide, good enough for me to follow and do myself, I am half decent at simple car repairs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts