Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
not as hot spark would be a diss - but why convert back to distrib? I mean sure the DI can be a bitch every 60,000 - 80,000 miles - but for $200 you can replace it and be good to go again. Personally I'd consider converting my set ups to a DI - but for me right now that's a fair bit of work and $$ extra that isn't needed yet. What's your reason?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I am considering it is that it would be easier to control ignition timing. The best solution is just send my ECU off to have it reprogrammed for every big upgrade. I would like to try to tune it myself so I wont have to do this. Most likely I wont make the conversion, it is just something that I have thought about.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i heard of someone doing it while i was at that dyno meet. I think eric was there, he might remember more than me, but the guy had his DI replaced with a distributor so that he could get a standalone engine management system. The aftermarket engine management didnt know how to control the DI cassette. Im not sure what else if anything he had to do to convert it to a different engine management though. Its gotta be somewhat expensive though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts