Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the V2 down pipe from Genuine Saab, and the 2.5" Saab Sport exhaust. I do like how it sounds, but I could really go for it being quieter at idle/low throttle. Also, I want to be able to hear my turbo spool better :D.

So, I was originally thinking about getting a resonator, glasspack, or something welded in the 3" straight section after the down pipe. But I was just perusing GS, I found the BSR exhaust which has two mufflers. I could order that from GS and sell my Saab sport then...which would probably cost a little more that route, I guess.

Looking for ideas on which way I should go...has anyone switched from Saab sport to BSR or vice versa?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Do you still have the insulation under your hood ?? I took mine off becuse it was all ripped up and I can hear the turbo a little more. cost - FREE !

As for the exhaust , coudln't you find somebody who wants a Saabsport and trade with them for their stock stuff? From what I'm hearing, a cat-back doesn't affect power that much.

I have the Saabsport with a 3" DP and honestly, it could be louder. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
do you already have the open intake?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I already have an open intake, no hood insulation, etc...just that the exhaust will drown out the turbo spool sound a little bit. I'd much rather hear turbo spool than exhaust.

Maybe I'm getting old or something, but I really prefer something that is a little throatier/deeper than stock, but not much. This exhaust definitely has a nice sound, but if it was more subdued during lighter driving, I think I'd be happier with it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I like the look/quality of the BSR - but I love the sound of the Saab Sport SOOOO much more. We have the BSR on our wagon, and the saab sport on my dad's wagon. I want to swap them! lol The BSR is like stock +2DB lol It's w/e - it ended up being cheaper then any other OEM replacement exhaust and is serving it's purpose. I would like to get a V2 DP for it however one day. I will keep my eyes open for a used one FS. . .

IMHO - Saab Sport is the nicer sounding system

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
I'd say the saabsport/3" is a fairly loud combination....loud enough that I've gotten a ticket for it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The saabsport needs a different muffler for a viggen vs a og9-3/ng900, right?
I have a viggen so if it would fit for me, I might consider buying the saabsport.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno, I think it's a little loud. Once the car warms up and idle goes down it isn't too bad. But I think I'd be happier with quieter, especially if I can hear the turbo better.

The other option is throwing a resonator or glasspack in the center of the 3" straight section...

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
The saabsport needs a different muffler for a viggen vs a og9-3/ng900, right?
I have a viggen so if it would fit for me, I might consider buying the saabsport.
no you just need to bend the hangers.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just have to figure out which way would be less expensive...I think welding a resonator in would be cheaper. 400 bucks shipped for the BSR exhaust, and not sure how much I would get for the Saab sport (new $487)...maybe $300?

I think welding in a resonator or glasspack would be a better option for me at this point. Any recommendation between a resonator or glasspack? Or something different.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Weld in a resonator and buy my front bumper.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
See if you can find a 2.5" abbott. I love how mine sounds (happy medium between stock and sport). Plus it has a super cool tip.

They're hard to find though.

3" DP is next for me!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Where...?
double secret - it was when I worked for the dealer and they were blowing them out from Saab - I should have bought the last 3 when I ordered that one for my dad. Things you wish you could go back and change.... I believe it was about $165 w/freight. Those deals are VERY hard to find I will admit and my dad and I just got lucky b/c he needed an exhaust at the right time.

I have seen them used for $150-$300 same with the BSR setups.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts