Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
effin hilarious video

but what is up with this congress entertaining a comedy routine as expert witness? waste of taxpayer money.

is this the same body of jackasses holding steroid hearings? or was that the other party's waste of taxpayer money?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Colbert has a way of getting people to pay attention.

I think it was worth the time/money.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Colbert has a way of getting people to pay attention.

I think it was worth the time/money.
sadly (for medias sake) but awesomely (for our sake) he and john stewart wind up giving some of the most watchable, oddly to the point and not media biased news.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
all you ****** republicans that are pissed about this should go look at the time a republican congress had elmo testify, and then go kill yourselves

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
The only useful celebrity testimony before Congress was in 1969 when Fred Rogers saved PBS and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

Anything after that has been a self-serving desperate cry for attention. Up to, and including, testimony from A MOTHERFUCKING PUPPET.

-Guru (R)

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Puppet Hatter*
Elmo is the most horrific waste of red plush that I've ever seen and I pray every night to the God that obviously hates me for allowing that abomination to exist that my son will be well out of his formative years before he learns of that little unclefucker. I will have to give him to the gypsies and crawl out into a field to die of starvation and exposure should he ever pick up that horrible speaking-in-third-person habit.

I would also like to throttle the person that gave Baby Bear-- erm, Baby Beaww-- the horrible speech impediment that many children find endearing, and whichever motherfucking killjoy decided that cookies were a "sometimes" food and destroyed Cookie Monster for all eternity. BLEH. Katy Perry's tits are not the worst thing to ever happen to Sesame Street.

Here's your can opener back.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
^^^ Sheesh - what a grouch. :D I grew up watching Seasme Street - it's the modern day "Barney" and other crap which I would tend to have negatives towards first, but hey - not everyone like's everything. This debate can continue in another thread if you want to get into it - as it would be entertaining, but I'm not going to start it. lol

...and back to "Senator" Colbert

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I am sending guru a tickle me elmo for christmas.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I'd like a tickle me elmo...

Also, the whole reason Colbert did this was to draw attention to the issue. Clearly it worked. The day after it happened it was in both the front section and the style section of the Washington Post, and now a few days later it is being talked about on a SAAB forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts