Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
That is a nice set up he has going there. Plus your image has given me the best idea for my pumpkin this halloween.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thats pretty sweet, but looks really complicated. If all you want is MP3, touchscreen, and engine monitoring just go with the Pioneer AVIC-N1. It does 7" touchscreen, DVD, MP3 and has speedo, tach, and temp plus much more. Video inputs and outputs, full amp 4v preouts, plus an internal amp. Most of the stuff you get with that guys setup, only its made by a known company, fits in standard DIN, plus it does NAV. Check it out...
Logan

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My treo 600 has full internet, mp3, videos and phone all in one. But that's not as big or flashy as a real PC. It'd be cool to build the pc in the spot right next to the spare tire and have the dvd rom in the dash or glove box. :idea: Oh and a small keyboard like for a palm mounted on the inside of the glove box door. I just need to find a wawa were nobody is looking. :twisted:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
use lap top parts as our friend Alex is doing in his 9-3 and you canhave a single din in dash computer with fold out touch screen and dvd-cd-rw drive and perhaps rron hook ups. I plan to do that with my next 9000 no question, it's in the air with the SPG. I think I may just put the $ in the SPG towards a larger turbo/downpipe.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats the sickest project I have ever seen, very creative work also, those Fins know what they are doing;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
that's a nice setup, like burns said, i'm doing a computer in the car as well but the whole comp is in the dash, not in the glove box or in the trunk...i used a mini-itx motherboard among various other components....i'll post pics whenever i get a digital camera to take pics....unfortunately, the windshield wiper gets in the way of a foldout screen so i had to mount it with the screen hanging out....you'll all see it when i get the digital camera or someone loans one to me :D, glad to see that carputers are coming along

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
saabvos said:
you'll all see it when i get the digital camera or someone loans one to me :D, glad to see that carputers are coming along
next time you're in town let me know, I got a cam and we can snap some pics and upload them to your laptop. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts