Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my intake yesterday and had a weird sound. It almost sounds like you kick a door stopper spring and it bounces back and forth. went to a performance shop today and he said it soundedlike compression surge. Im running the 004 forge bov.

does anyone else have this problem

im running about 12 lb of boost with the factory primary spring.

what are you guys running and do you have any suggestions...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just took the bov apart and i am running the blue spring...should that be to tight with around 10 -12 boost...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Could you describe the sound a little more? It sounds like a spring twanging? Try switching around the BOV orientation and see how the sound changes. The valve will work just as well in both directions.
Eric

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a atmospheric bov..cant switch it around...it sounds like a spring going back and forth.. yea i talked to forge today and said to run a weaker primary spring for the valve. it is probably not opening enough....

u think thats the prob...

i think ill order the spring today. and let you know what happens when i change it around...thanks.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea just try a lighter spring...should work for ya.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
is it like a fluttering?...i belive i had this on my 900se and it was caused by my Abbott BOV...so do try playing around with diff. settings for your BOV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts