Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STEPS FOR 9-3 GRILL
-You can first locate the mesh either at a auto store for around $30 or go to a hardware store and find the mesh made to put over your gutter to keep the leaves out for just a few bucks depending on the store. They are both exactly the same only one is marked up more.
-Next remove the grill from the car there are two tabs on top then it simply pulls out
-You need to seperate the chrome part from the black backing there are 11 tabs holding it on
-The bottom tabs need the center peice pushed down when you have them all unhooked, pull the grill till it is full seperated at the bottom
-Then move to the top and pry the lower tab back till it lets the grill slide out
-IF you do the bottom first it makes the top easier becouse as you unhook each tab it will pull out by itself due to the fact the the bottom is pushing the chrome part of the grill away from the black
-Next trim a piece of mesh to fit between the two parts of the grill
-Their are 4 tabs in the center that will need little cutouts made so they are able to slide back into place
-Their is also a piece in the center that slides together that needs a larger cut out made so it will slide into place as well
-Next place the mesh on the back of the chrome part of the grill when you have the holes cut out and place the bottom of the grill on first to hook in the tabs
-Take the top and push it back untill it clicks into place
-Basicly put it back together backwards becouse you are able to use leverage and it will go together easier
-when everything is back together slide the grill back into the car close the hood and enjoy your new mesh grill look

-Any questions on a part that seems confusing or anything just ask

-I will have pics soon that will make this a little easier as you will be able to see what i am talking about if you dont understand

peace

·
Registered
11 Posts
turbo sign on grille

i've seen on saabs the turbo in the mesh and i saw on Blaque_Out's cardomain site the turbo on the grille. just wondering if i can buy that, or the "2.0 turbo" that goes on the back, anywhere. i got the 96 style and its not on the car anywhere :(
i gotta sport the turbo haha
thanks
tkr

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id say the best place to look first would be a junk yard if you have one near by. Some times you get lucky with those little things. And you dont have to buy the whole grill. Other than that Id say you would have to ask a dealer you can always go their and see if they will sell it for a reasonable price. The only problem is they may not sell just the that they may sell it with the whole grill.
Peace

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey i just realized that the instructions were for a 9-3 grille and dur i have a 900. i looked around but didnt come up with anything but screwing the grille back on, which doesnt look good. any thought on making mesh grille for the 900 grille?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only thing i know of for the 900 grill is to break it apart and screw it back together other than that i dont know ill look at one and see if i cant come up with some other way that might be easier and look good and let you know
peace

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea that screw it back in idea, if the screws can be seen on the outside it would suck... but thanks for a further look into that
tkr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts