Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After Carlisle, I've only driven the car once, to a client meeting, and was almost left stranded due to electrical issues -- combination of a dying battery, and a dying voltage regulator.

Bought the remote/adjustible VR that Harvey of Harvey's Autohaus had recommended in a previous thread. And while installing the brushes in the alternator was a true beeeotch, (~5 total hours of trying, failing, trying, failing, trying and finally getting it!). Had to walk away twice.

But it's now done, and it is SO nice to have the car on the road again with the confidence of knowing it won't leave me stranded. I was afraid summer would pass by with little time on the road.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad to hear your efforts paid such nice dividends. CE #116 is such a terrific example of the last-of-breed C900s. Enjoy the ride, Jim!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Tom. It was a weekend of car repairs...

Check this out: As soon as I finished the Commem Saturday morning, my brother stopped by: rear passenger brake pads gone. The ones I JUST DID for him two weeks ago. And I mean down to the metal. Dust in the wind. There was NOTHING left. Never seen pads go that quickly.

So....

Replaced his rear caliper on the hunch that is was sticking. Thing of it is, I had no problem retracting the piston with a c-clamp. You would think stuck would be STUCK...

So we wait and see. Hopefully that job is done, but I have my doubts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts