Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to restore my 1969 96 Deluxe and have a couple of paint questions.

What color were the wheels painted? Were they painted the same color as the car?

There is a plate with the car color code imprinted on it. Is there some sort of cross reference available to now match the original color?

Thanks for your help on these paint questions.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm trying to restore my 1969 96 Deluxe and have a couple of paint questions.

What color were the wheels painted? Were they painted the same color as the car?

There is a plate with the car color code imprinted on it. Is there some sort of cross reference available to now match the original color?

Thanks for your help on these paint questions.
I'm not sure. I have soccer balls on mine. I think that you will have a better time getting that question answered on the saabnet's bulletin board for 96's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Search for VSCNA, that's the Vintage Saab Clup North America. You will find loads of information including paint codes. My first car was a 1969 and the original wheels were silver, I believe the Wurth paint.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Could also call Jack or Pat at MSS or Bud Clark, or Tom Donney, they would all know off the top of their heads. I think the last Delux I saw had color matched wheels with chrome hubcaps, but I had no way of knowing if that car was original or not.

EDIT: Could also sift through old brochures and adverts that are listed on eBay, most sellers have half-decent scans of the page they are trying to sell, might be easy to tell from a few photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.