Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard many complain about the 9-3's issues caused by cold weather. The most prevalent being the e-brake's inability to release on '03 models.

What else have you experienced?

·
Registered
51 Posts
04 has had no issues in the cold mornings.. of course they are the cold mornings in San Diego, but it gets a little chilly. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
havent had an issue with the car in the cold. About the E-brake: I do not use it except when parked on an incline/decline. When I do engage it though, I never pull up too hard or far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just to clearify I use the E-brake every time I park, and use considerable force. No problems as of yet releasing it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Been driving in snow and ice for the last 3-4 weeks without any problems, my car is manufactured end March 03. Maybe the car knows that I am Swedish :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use my e-brake all the time, every time I park the car, have done so for over a year. No problems here. '03. I don't think I pull up as far as it can go when I engage it. Probably good that I don't. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually... I'm having quite a few problems that I feel are linked to the weather:

- engine fails to start (3 times in the last 6 weeks)
- trunk won't close if cold
- Seatbelt does not retract, especially when cold
- Tire pressure monitor was triggerred all the time under 0deg C

The pressure monitor were calibrated, but the seatbelt, trunk and engine failures are still happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts