Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my '06 9-5 (manual tranny, 53k miles) not wanting to start when it's cold. It's as if there's either no fuel or ignition - cranks over great, just dosen't fire. It will finally start if I keep trying, then starts fine as long as it's warm. When it gets really cooled off again, the same thing happens. Ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got some MAF spray cleaner - I'll try that, and do a resistance check on the coolant temp sensor. Hopefully the specs for the sensor are the same as my '00 Viggen, since I have a workshop manual for that. Could the intake temp sensor have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Not quality its a re-formulation of fuel for summer when they switch back to winter fuel it takes a while for the Trionic to adjust but that dies not sound like the issue here,

I always need to ask, especially new posters, are you running the correct NGK BCPR6es plugs only, all others will cause issues

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plugs are the NGK PFR6H-10 Platinum that the '06 9.5 had as OEM. Don't think it's a fuel quality issue, as it is fine as long as the engine is warm.
The fuel pump check valve seems like a likely explanation, as the car acts as if it isn't getting fuel - like it has to get pressure built up before it starts. This only happens when the engine has sat long enough to cool down to amibent temperature - starts great if it's run in the past 2-3 hours. Also runs as good as ever once I get it started!
I thought I knew Saabs - been playing with them for about ten years - but the fuel pump check valve is where...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts